1. With the changes to MTurk's payment systems I'm recommending people take a moment to consider securing their on-site banking information from userscripts. TVJS has already been updated to explicitly prevent it from accessing sensitive pages, but workers should strongly consider permanently blacklisting scripts from running on pages containing banking information.

[Guide] Globally Blacklisting Scripts From Running on MTurk's Bank Account Management Pages will show you how.

Dismiss Notice

There's a forum? Kewl Beans

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FrankieW, Sep 5, 2019.

1. FrankieW

FrankieW New Turker

Ratings:
    +6
    I was recommended starting on the Mechanical Turk adventure, and have already made a whopping $4.16 after a week (still have 45 to be approved). Getting harassed by my wife because of it. Trying to figure out if getting a penny a hit is really worth it. It wouldn't be such a bad deal for extra cash EXCEPT THAT I'M UNEMPLOYED and it could be my ONLY cash (besides donating plasma, which I may not be suitable for after what happened today). I used to be an IT guy (28 years of that) and I'm now trying to be an artist. I get the starving artist thing. Building furniture, and painting furniture, that's my thing. And now turking. I still have the cardboard/marker option, and have looked up tips for making money at intersections.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +74,644
  3. purplepotato

purplepotato Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,951
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to join us on the daily threads, that's where most folks hang out.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1