(Thur. 13 April 2PM EST) Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Abdullah, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    ### Please Note that we changed the procurement process: Qual HITs at 1PM required ###

We will run an online multiplayer game as part of a MIT scientific project. The qualification HIT will take place Today (Thursday 13th of April) at 1pm EST time and the actual HIT will be same day at 2PM EST (one hour later)

The HIT require people to be online simultaneously. We will run the experiment again (x6 times) in the coming days, with no repeat takers (participants are allowed to play the game only once) . The game must be played from a desktop or laptop (No mobile support).

The Qualification HIT information:

HITType ID: 3REZD5NBDIV8P5DKVWBXKJ6F2FNYVI

HIT title: (Qual HIT) Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Time: 1PM EST

Expected HIT length: 1 minute

The actual HIT information:

HITType ID: 3XCYFDC5RK5UK18M7BZJCESA2NI7OP

HIT title: [Play immediately] Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Time: 2PM EST

Expected HIT length: 10-35 minutes (depending on condition)

PS:
    • A base pay of $2 will be awarded for anyone who passes the attention checks and finishes the game.
    • The bonus varies across conditions (randomly assigned), as some conditions have higher play time (maximum bonus ranges from $2 to $8 based on condition).
    • Your decision to participate in the experiment is entirely voluntary.
    If you are to participate and get assigned the qualification, it is critical that you show up on time at 2:00 PM EST. Otherwise, it would delay the start of the game for the other participants

• Like Like x 1
  2. gurlondrums

gurlondrums Cracker of the Step Whip

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Hey there,

Thanks for replying back to me on yesterday's daily thread. I didn't know the masters thing was a mistake. Apologies.

I do have a question though. For this hit:

Title: Upcoming experiment with up to $10 pay | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Abdullah (Human Dynamics Lab) [AGEIRIHRRYV6P] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $13.33/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Description:
    Indicate whether you would like to be notified about our upcoming experiment
    Time: 12 hours
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; Guess the correlation game is not 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;
    One of the qualifications is Guess the correlation game is not 100;.

But I've never done of your hits so I can't have that qualification. I thought it was for people that hadn't played yet.

If that's the case, you may want to remove that qual, because it's looking for people who have Guess the correlation game but their value isn't at 100.

Just my two cents.

Thanks again for choosing our forum. :)

3. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I see. "Guess the correlation game" qualification equal 100 is assigned for people who already played the game. I want to prevent these people from accepting the upcoming HIT batches (because the game is the same for the next week also).

How should I do that? (open for everyone, except the 97 players who played it in the past)

Thanks for the note, I was wondering why I didn't get any of those HITs consumed.

4. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

Maybe @Randomacts or @ChrisTurk know more about how to do that? Can you guys help us out? :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I'll try "has not been granted" instead of "not equal to 100" .. this could work

6. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Yes! That sounds like it'll work!

7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Amazon is kind of weird here. When you set it to "Guess the correlation is not 100" it will only allow people with the qual to accept it so long as their score is 1-99. What you want is "has not been granted"

Edit: Whoops you figured it out as I was typing this haha.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    Great .. let me know if it works .. I'll have to use similar qualification for the Qual HIT and the actual HIT today to avoid repeated participants :)

-A

• Like Like x 1
  9. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    It worked for me!

Thanks! :)

10. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    As always, @ChrisTurk to the rescue <3

• Like Like x 2
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Haha you had it figured out before I even finished typing :emoji_grin:

Just as a general note, this same weirdness works on quals like "greater than 95% approved" - most requesters expect anyone from 95.1% to a true 100% to be able to work on the HIT but this isn't the case on mTurk (only those w/ 96%+ can accept them). It gets tons of requesters every year (though usually with >99% since that severely limits their worker pool to people who have never had even a single HIT rejection) so worth a mention :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    Imagine you find yourself in the following scenario:
    I want to imagine this survey is over:-\

13. ifadoll

ifadoll Active Turker

Ratings:
    +362
    Will the qual hit be posted daily as well? Looks like I didn't catch it, and want to keep an eye out for it if so.

14. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    Yes .. it will be posted daily (quals are only valid for one day).

edit: Would you like to be added to the notification panel? there is a HIT that asks people to indicate whether they want to receive an email for upcoming HITs. The title of that opt-in HIT is: Upcoming experiment with up to $10 pay

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  15. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    • First, you will read the rules of the game, which are somewhat complex. It is very important that you understand the rules of the game, so please read them carefully!
    so tired of survey - need a nice mindless batch
    [​IMG]

16. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I thought our games are usually fun! if you actually took the HIT and didn't like the instructions (or found them complex), we will highly appreciate your feedback to be able to improve it.

17. TheresaOfAlbion

TheresaOfAlbion New Turker

Ratings:
    +23
    I think this post went into the incorrect forum. I don't think they were talking about your hits.

18. ifadoll

ifadoll Active Turker

Ratings:
    +362
    I have been added to the panel! Thank you so much for taking your time to respond! I will keep my eyes open for it to come back around!

• Like Like x 2
  19. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    actually the game wasn't bad was more a coment on the amount of surveys today

• Like Like x 1
  20. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    Well now that I've reached my goal for the day, apperently offend
    now that I have reached my daily goal, fried my brain on surveys and apparently offended someone gonna take a brake