TurkerView JS Don't Share Button?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by ChelCD, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ChelCD

ChelCD Turker

Ratings:
    +286
    Hi there! Sorry, I hope this is the right place for this - I've just made my account today, though I have been lurking the Daily Threads for a bit. :)

I just started using TurkerView, and by extension, TurkerView JS, to submit reviews to TV. I like the idea of supplying wage & time data, and info on my experience with some of the HITs, but am very nervous about the idea of it always posting that to the Daily Thread! I noticed there is a "Don't Share" button in the bottom right of the review panel that pops up, but it seems that even when I have this checked, the review posts to the Daily Thread. I tested it a few different times and it posted every review that I made. I even tried logging out on TH, and it still seems to post it automatically!

Was wondering if there was a way to make it so it doesn't automatically post? I just don't want to irritate anybody if I do a few reviews in a row or something, haha.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place, and thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Heya, welcome to the forum!

New users first handful of TV reviews will always end up exported (until I finish tools to better keep an eye on onboarding users) so that if something sticks out to folks they can tag me & I can get in touch with users to go over submission guidelines and stuff.

Your reviews have been perfect, no problems at all, and after a few more the button will actually function for you again.

I'm sorry I've done a crappy job of relaying that info to new users (it should really be disabled w/ a popup explaining why, I'll have to try and find a way to sync its status w/ TV so people can know whats going on) but it was a feature that sprung from necessity more than careful planning HAHA. People were joining & leaving really weird/wonky reviews and hiding them w/ that button, making it harder to keep the overall data clean. So sorry, I'm still totally new to running the platform (well, the platform itself is still so new) & its growing at a huge rate which is super difficult to keep track of so not everything is a great experience atm :(

Hope that gives you a better idea of whats going on.. don't quote me on this if its wrong but it should function after 10 reviews if my very poor memory is correct!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChelCD

ChelCD Turker

Ratings:
    +286
    Oh man, thank you so much! I was worried I was doing something wrong, hehe. :)

I am glad to know that I have been doing it correctly - I'll try and keep it up! :D Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the helpful reply! Glad to be here.

• Love Love x 1