Two parts HIT and up to $15 in pay

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Abdullah, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    We are back with more fun games! We will run an online game as part of Microsoft Research scientific project.

The full game has two parts:
    1. Part 1: (TODAY) Tuesday 17th July 2018 at 1 pm ET;
    2. Part 2: Friday 20th July 2018 at 2 pm ET;
    Requester ID: A3RXXNTGSUSTQ9

Part 1 HIT information:
    HIT title:
    [Part 1/2] Play games and get up to $15 in total pay
    Time: today at 1 pm ET
    Expected Qualification HIT length: 10-25 minutes ($1 base pay + up to $6 in performance bonuses)
    -------------------------------

Part 2 HIT information:
    HIT title:
    [Part 2/2] Play games and get up to $15 in total pay
    Time: 2 pm ET on Friday the 20th of July
    Expected HIT length: 15-30 minutes ($1 base pay + up to $7 in performance bonuses)

--------------------------------
    Part 2 HIT expectations:
    • 120 workers will do Part 1 and will receive the qualification to do Part 2.
    • 63 workers will do Part 2 on Friday the 20th of July. Workers who join the HIT late (after all the games have started) will receive a message like this: "Sorry, all games are full", and they will be able to participate in future runs of Part 2 of the experiment (i.e., no need to do Part 1 again).
    • We will run Part 1 and Part 2 again in early August.
    If you are to participate and get assigned the qualification, it is critical that you show up on time at the beginning of the time window. Otherwise, it would delay the start of the game for the other participants

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Havoc928

Havoc928 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +818
    I'll be there

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChelCD

ChelCD Turker

Ratings:
    +286
    Quick question; in this post it says that Part 2 will be posted at 1pm on the 20th, but in the HIT it said that Part 2 will be posted at 2pm. Just want to clarify which is correct, so I can set a reminder to show up; thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. queenpenguin

queenpenguin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,523
    Im wondering the same too

• Like Like x 1
  5. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    thanks, @queenpenguin @ChelCD for bringing this to my attention! This is why I love this forum!

As the HIT stated 2pm, then I guess I'll edit this post and make it 2pm too (my original intention was 1 PM, but I guess most people who did the HIT are not on this forum). 2 PM on Friday it is!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    @queenpenguin @ChelCD @Havoc928 did you guys get notification by email about tomorrow's HIT? (I am not sure my API is working as expected),

7. ChelCD

ChelCD Turker

Ratings:
    +286
    Late reply, but I did get it, yes! I'll be there at 2pm today.

• Love Love x 1
  8. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073

It was needlessly confusing. I was able to figure it out but only because I remembered what I put last time.

You also put a time crunch on it because if we didn't fill it out fast enough we wouldn't get a spot... so.. .yeah..

9. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I see .. the thing is, with a previous pilot, I saw in the chat logs that people were confused about whether they have to fill all the rooms or not (it is not; they have to assign all students) .. so that confusing led them to go from a very good solution to something worse (i.e., they filled all the room) .. Similar thing happened about what is neighbor of what (people thought it was based on how it is presented on the screen .. which is different from one screen size to another).. Would it be helpful if I showed which question you've got wrong?

10. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I'm not sure why people would get confused with that. Outside of caring about minmaxing the score it is simple logic...

Anyways the X are neighbors one was confusing if you just skim the stuff while trying to get to the quiz. While this was less of an issue in the quiz for part 1 for part 2 I knew that I had to rush through it if I wanted to be sure that I was going to have a spot. As far as making people understand that the neighbors bit you could draw dotted lines or something on the actual playing board.

11. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I see, thanks!

also, how would you suggest I can stop people from using firefox!! we have it in the iframe in large and red. however,, 4 people are using it as we speak (they are getting all nasty errors now and can't participate with their team!)

12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Detect the user agent before they start and keep them from even running it unless they are using chrome.

I mean they can spoof their user agent but I doubt that anyone would bother to do that.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  13. Abdullah

Abdullah AGEIRIHRRYV6P

Ratings:
    +630
    I guess that's a better solution than adding it to the quiz as a question :p

• Like Like x 1