Bonus Tracking

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by EsaEinai, Feb 6, 2019.

1. EsaEinai

EsaEinai Turker

Ratings:
    +56
    Hi! What Script do you use for keeping track of expected and paid bonuses? I can use excel and the emailed bonus payment notices if I have to, but scripts while working might be faster. Thanks!

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I just use TV bonus tracker. It's not perfect as you have to review the hit for it to show up there, but it works well except for that limitation.
    https://turkerview.com/account/bonus/

I don't think there's a script that will just handle it for you due to the way bonuses are handled by mturk. Since the only notification is by email, if you wanted to write a script it would need access to your email and would probably only work for the email client it was written for.

3. EsaEinai

EsaEinai Turker

Ratings:
    +56
    Thank you for the helpful information! I wasn't sure if email was the only way to find out about bonuses (except for the Hourly Script, which only shows a bonus paid that day as a total). I will start using both excel and the turkerview tracker. As you noted, it's not perfect (some bonus amounts are unknown until they are paid). Thank you! I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I usually put those in as either a penny or a reasonable estimate so that they appear on the bonus tracker page. The one's I mark as a penny are usually ones where I'm not sure if I'm getting a bonus or not so I just go in and delete the bonus after a month rather than marking the bonus unpaid. I've only got 6 unpaid bonuses out of 310 expected bonuses so it seems most requesters are pretty good about paying up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EsaEinai

EsaEinai Turker

Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks! That sounds like a good routine to try.

6. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Good tip @Ornac I had been contemplating how to handle these myself.

• Like Like x 1