When I sync TV from Mturk dashboard

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by PatrickBatman, Feb 8, 2019.

1. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    Is it recording the approval tracking time properly like 3-7 days or just approving everything thats approved in turk dash with some generic time amount? If generic Ill just continue doing it manually with help from MTS hit tracker.

2. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    It's updating your TV reviews w/ approval time data (1 day, 1-3 days, 3-7, etc): https://turkerview.com/users/?user=6032

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    So if its syncing forever does that means there's nothing to update? because today its doing that and i looked manually and nothing more got approved (in MTS hit tracker & mturk dash hit status overview), figured it would just stop syncing. Clear cache, updated Chrome, made sure script was listed as running in Tampermonkey (4.8)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    UPDATE: TV JS update to 10.2 fixed my never ending syncing TV issue :)

• Love Love x 1
  6. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Thanks for reporting these, makes it easier to quick fix lol.

7. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    I may have spoke too soon. While the syncing now says done it actually isnt doing anything. Today something on the 5th (feb) was approved, i clicked sync it "synced" for a moment then said done again. Looked at review in question still pending, tried refreshing mturk dash, review page many times. Everytime I refresh mturk dash it reads "Sync TV Review Approvals" I click sync then says done, but doesnt do anything in my review. Also double checked to make sure i was looking at the correct review as being approved. (my cache is only 16MB full)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    Update: TV JS 10.3 didnt fix the issue btw.

9. PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    Update 2: TV JS 10.3 some hits are detected as approved/paid, some arent. Hits I did today like Survey Comet were approved today and detected. CDSC Lab (feb 8th) for example is paid and is still pending in reviews, IMC lab was the same (but i manually approved that as it was getting old (5th) and i didnt want to forget about it).

10. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    FWIW if TVJS "skips" a day of not syncing it'll always ignore that day so that it doesn't accidentally mark something incorrectly.

So like say you submit something on the 8th, don't work on the 9th, when you come back on the 10th it will "reset" itself and only check HITs from the 10th onwards, because at that point the HIT from the 8th could have approved across 2 different days (9th or 10th) & TV has no way to know which one it is, so it'd rather go w/ no data than "incorrect" data.

And now that I typed all that up, I have some ideas on how to improve that, so I'm probably gonna change it also I love you I have no clue what it is but every time you post something I think of a new fix LOL :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 1