API Code

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LisaM0973, Mar 29, 2019.

1. LisaM0973

LisaM0973 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm new to MTurk; and I registered and received my free API code ; but I've no idea where to paste it? Can someone please help?

Thanks

~L

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    To start with, are you familiar with using scripts yet? If not you should check out this beginners' guide I wrote:
    Super beginners guide to scripts

The api code will allow some of those scripts to show you the turkerview review scores of the requester directly from the script ui so you don't need to manually look up the requester on turkerview each time you want to see what the reviews are like for them.

If you go to the page where you got your api key: https://turkerview.com/account/api/

scroll down until you see the section called "API Key Script Instructions"

It look like this
    upload_2019-3-29_11-41-31.png

If you click on the names of the scripts that I underlined it will take you to the instructions for using the api key in that script.

3. LisaM0973

LisaM0973 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for this! I'm aware of what scripts do; just not fully aware of how to use them with MTurk. I'll definitely take a look at your guide because "super beginner" is certainly an accurate term for me.

I did get the API codes to work but I think I may have done something wrong, as now I have duplicate graphics. Is this image how it is supposed to look?

Attached Files:

4. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    There's nothing wrong, you just have 2 scripts that are both showing you the information. One set if from Mturk Suite, the other is from TurkerViewJS. You can go to the setting in either one to turn off the display from one of them if it bugs you.

5. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Welcome! As @CorvusSapiens already mentioned the API appears to be working for you if MTS is showing the duplicate rating. You can turn off that part of it in the options (click on the icon, select Options, and deselect the "Turkerview" box)

6. LisaM0973

LisaM0973 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Got it. Thanks so much! You guys are great.

• Like Like x 1