Howdy from Maine!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IcyTundra, Aug 9, 2019.

1. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hi everyone! I went about this a bit backwards and said hello on the Daily first but wanted to say an official howdy and introduce myself. I was an MTurk worker for a bit last year but re-picked it up recently and discovered this forum and have been super grateful for all of the suggestions and tutorials particularly where scripts are concerned. I'm closing in on 1,000, which I know isn't huge for all the long-time folks but feels like a big accomplishment right now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    P.S. Don't know if anyone on the Daily are football fans, but my entire family is from Wisconsin so hoping to see some football advice here and there to help my fantasy football team :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. redsfan33

redsfan33 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Howdy from Ohio! welcome! There are definitely some football fans in the daily threads, though I care much more about baseball personally.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hello Ohio! Have some family there as well near Cinci.... although half that crew root for Michigan State (college) and the rest root for Green Bay as they are transplants. I grew up with the Brewers and Tigers so when it comes to baseball lean Brewers :)

4. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Welcome! I'm a Bears fan. Bye!

Kidding (kinda). I couldn't help but make a face at the cheese avatar, lol. I'm 99% hockey myself, but I was raised on football and went out last night to watch the Bears preseason game. And... I guess I have to admit I'm going to a Packers preseason game just for funsies in a couple weeks. But yeah, you'll definitely find plenty of football talk in the daily :)

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. StuffAlleySays

StuffAlleySays Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,096
    Howdy! I have family in North Sebago, I used to go there in the summers. Very beautiful and much relief from the Florida heat. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Hello from Kentucky!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,745
    Hi and welcome! Sportz are super fun! I mean I actually enjoy watching sports but I don't really know the rules and don't follow any teams. I do, however, love me some cheese - so I'll root for your team if you pay me enough cheddar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hi Bears fan! It's all good. I have family that lives a block from Lambeau and we have hung out there with Pats, Vikes, Cards, Lions, Cowboys, etc. - and even Bears fans :) --- and on a very very very cold night at the stadium I gave my favorite Favre sweatshirt to a freezing Bears fan in the seat in front of me. We're all in the cold weather together!!! I'm definitely a big hockey fan myself but am all in on the Red Wings. After college lived in Detroit during the Yzerman/Scotty Bowman era so had some fun there. Looking forward to hearing how the preseason game goes - sure it will be a blast one way or another. Thanks for putting up with my avatar :)

• Love Love x 1
  10. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    North Sebago is beautiful! We live in the Midcoast region and love the summer coastal temps. It's MUCH less fun in February....

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hello Kentucky!

• Like Like x 1
  12. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    oh no. it's so much worse now.

[​IMG]

i mean... umm... yep. welcome. and stuff. kinda. i guess. :emoji_smirk::emoji_laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  13. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Cheese is delicious. Will definitely try to send you some choice cheddar if my team is losing.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    ruh-roh

• LOL LOL x 2
  15. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,745
    Oh shit sweet, I'll check my mailbox every day during... uhhh.. sports season.

• LOL LOL x 1
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Yeah I thought that might happen. I have mad respect for the Blackhawks. I used to live close to Joe Louis in the 90's and loved the rivalry. When I was in college we routinely drove to Chicago for Bulls/Pistons, Blackhawks/RedWings games. All in good fun. Also, living in New England for the past 20 years I miss the hockey smacktalk!

• Love Love x 1
  17. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    oh no, i'm not a hawks fan, even worse, i'm an avs fan (along with squatcobbler and essarrbee). :p

• WOW WOW x 1
  18. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    but it's all good, if we can all get along with a leafs fan (@leafs4_cup), we can welcome a wings fan ;) it is all in good fun

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hahaha! That's even better. Have been in a number of Fantasy Hockey leagues and my fave player of all time was Forsberg - he got me so many points!

• Love Love x 1
  20. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    It's hard for me to hate on the Wings because Stevie Y was always my favourite.

It's also hard to hate a terrible team :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1