User Icons Explained

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by ChrisTurk, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    I've recently switched over to a new system for displaying user groups. Wanted to write up a quick guide to explain some of the new icons. There are a few that aren't yet available to be earned, but this is a good quick start guide :)

[​IMG]AdministratorDon't mess with this guy, please, he's usually pouring water on the server because its on fire.
    [​IMG]DonorThese are the folks who pay to keep the website running every month.
    [​IMG] Donor (BTC)These are the folks who pay to keep the website running every month in a 21st century kind of way.
    [​IMG]Fantasy Football ChampionOur inaugural Fantasy Football winner @jessers is currently the only one sporting this icon, hopefully another Champion will join her next year.
    [​IMG]Member of the MonthThese are folks who are confirmed to have won a "Member of the Month" award on MTG
    [​IMG] Member of the YearConfirmed winners of MTG's Member of the Year awards for 2014 and 2015. No award was handed out for 2016, we'll resume this as a TurkerHub award in 2017.
    [​IMG] ModeratorsJudge, jury, and executioners of TurkerHub. Current staff include:
    [​IMG] mTurkGrind AlumThese are handed out to anyone who was registered on MTG prior to it being sold and collapsing in November 2016. If you meet that criteria please PM or @ ChrisTurk there with your TurkerHub username.
    [​IMG] Script ContributorThese are skilled community members who have taken time to contribute large scale projects or many HIT specific scripts for the community. Currently @Kadauchi, @ceedj, and @Ethraiel are the only ones assigned to this group.
    • @ceedj for his tireless work releasing multiple scripts for popular batches from A9 and ProductRNR
    • @Ethraiel for his work on Overwatch which makes an ideal replacement for the outdated Hit Monitor
    • @Kadauchi for the insane amount of contributions he's made to the mTurk community at large, including the brand new mTurk Suite
    [​IMG] Verified RequesterAccounts with this icon are confirmed to post HITs on Mechanical Turk and can be contacted through the forum about their work on the platform.
    [​IMG] Welcome WagonThese are awarded (and upgraded) for welcoming new users in the Introductions subforum. @Hummingbirdee was the first member to earn this icon :)
    Current tiers are:
    • I - Welcome 5 new members to TH
    • V - Welcome 10 new members to TH
    • XXV - Welcome 25 new members to TH
    • L - Welcome 50 new members to TH
    • C - Welcome 100 new members to TH

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Please explain Nom nom nom

3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    The start guide link currently goes to a server error page.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
  5. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    Missing a few icons here methinks. :emoji_confused:

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Missesdash

Missesdash Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +12,314
  7. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    It still goes to an error page. As a new Turker, I'm looking for as much info as I can get to improve my experience. @Tripsa or @Ornac is there another link to a start guide? Thank you.

8. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I think this is it, but it's more for people that are trying to get accepted and start turking. https://forum.turkerview.com/wiki/Registration-Start-Guide

I few things you can look at are the wiki: https://forum.turkerview.com/wiki/ It's not very complete, but keep an eye out for things that are blue on the forum, C-SATS, for example and clicking them will bring up a page.

CorvusSapiens wrote a beginner guide to scripts that is helpful.
    https://forum.turkerview.com/threads/super-beginners-guide-to-scripts.2059/#post-1073510

Digging through here you'll find a lot of stuff:
    https://forum.turkerview.com/forums/help/

And you can pick a lot up over time just hanging out in the daily thread and listening to what people talk about. Feel free to ask questions, but don't get too discouraged if you don't always get an answer especially if it's busy. Also if you're asking for help, specific questions are much better and more likely to get a response than very general ones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    [QUOTE=" Feel free to ask questions, but don't get too discouraged if you don't always get an answer especially if it's busy. Also if you're asking for help, specific questions are much better and more likely to get a response than very general ones.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reassurance. ☺️

10. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    [​IMG]

11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    upload_2020-11-8_16-11-12.png

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1