11/28 - Thank You Thanksgiving Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 2
  2. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    Cut it like cut and bake cookies, length wise and a little thicker than you think is right.

• WOW WOW x 1
  3. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! Hope y'all having a wonderful day.
    [​IMG]
    Kept it pretty low key this year with just the immediate family but made enough food to give plates away to some of the neighbors who didn't cook this year.

Missing is a pic of the pumpkin pies that were still in the oven but included a pic of Ruby.

There's plenty of food left if you happen to live in my city and need a warm meal feel free to come on over.

Stay safe if y'all going to partake in some early thursday evening brick & mortar or black Friday shopping no amount of discount is worth getting hurt or even worse ending up in jail for.

Thankful for this place that @ChrisTurk created and all its members that make this place what it is. I could be having a bad day I'll jump here to see some random odd talk about fish paste that will turn around my day around. Thankful for etc etc etc etc seriously there are too many things to list that are somewhat related to this place.
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Charlie Turksalot

Charlie Turksalot Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,072
    I think it goes in this container, then you pull the handle. Problem solved.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    this is epic, wish I would have thought of it before the kids had pie there would have been full on seizures and laughs a plenty for the parents

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701

[​IMG]

I haven't felt this out of touch since I realized Prego wasn't a joke and was a real thing they sell in stores. :emoji_laughing:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  7. InfiniteChanges

Ratings:
    +9,937
    I can't stand the stuff. Seriously number two of the things I don't want near my Thanksgiving dinner table, but I will admit it's fun as hell to cut.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    If it exists, you can buy it in a can somewhere.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

I made actual cranberry sauce a few years ago for a big turkey day, and everyone was happily eating it except Matt, who says it's his favorite. Turns out he only eats the stuff in the shape of a can.:emoji_rolling_eyes:

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. InfiniteChanges

Ratings:
    +9,937
    They aren't the same thing says people who's opinion I trust.

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. Adena

Adena New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    New Requester Profile!

Smriti Rathi [A20Z72CAA2Z6W8] Answer a survey about your attitudes towards condom brands - $0.10 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $1.74 / hour
    00:03:27 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Extremely underpaid, not worth it.

Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Smriti Rathi's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

13. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    My aunt buys a can of the stuff every year and the entire thing goes untouched. I think she just buys it because it's such a stereotypical Thanksgiving thing that you're supposed to have.

• LOL LOL x 2
  14. Tiger33

Tiger33 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,695
    Prego is a real thing bird. I think we need to have a talk about when mommies and daddies love each other very much

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  15. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT THE JOKE WAS!

I thought it was like...a joke based on you're welcome/being preggo and not a real brand. I didn't realize it was a real sauce until I was in the wrong aisle of the grocery store...cause I don't go to that dark place where they sell jarred sauce. I texted @Buntastic in total shock and she will never let me live it down. :emoji_face_palm:

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
  16. InfiniteChanges

Ratings:
    +9,937
    If it helps think of it like preg-GO (woman) and PRAY-go (sauce).

• LOL LOL x 1
  17. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Screenshot_148.png

• LOL LOL x 1
  18. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    The only time I had ever seen a jar of it was a friend's pregnancy announcement:emoji_laughing: I just thought it was a meme and I was behind on what the kids think is funny.

Turns out I'm just that out of touch with normal food. My bad.

• LOL LOL x 1
  19. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    There are times when I think you're exaggerating your distaste for pre-made sauce and tube dough and such for comedic value.

And then there are times where I realize you are not.

• LOL LOL x 3
  21. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    ....vvrrroooooooOOOOOOOOOMmmmmmmmm .... screeeeaaaacccchhhhhh..... (sounds of wheelchair backfiring and screeching to a halt). Hey @ChrisTurk !!! I have EYES on ya!!! LOL ... All kidding aside, I'm still here in the background reading more than writing and still doing as much turking as I am physically able to do. So along for being majorly thankful to you and those who have been here from the beginning and those who have just come I am especially thankful for my staff of loving health care workers who come to my home and work tirelessly for me each day, whether I am cranky or not! LOL, All my staff members are CNAs (Certified Nurses Aides) and looking forward to getting a seat in school to become Registered Nurses one day. One of my fine ladies has already left for Nursing School and I am so proud of her. :ay:

Today my dear lady who comes to me Monday through Friday made this wonderful Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole for me. Mind you when she came to work from me on the 1st of July the first thing she told me is that she didn't know how to cook and I told her "We can fix that if you are willing to learn." We've become quite the kitchen dual since then. She chops, and tears and shreds and stirs and I sit nearby in my wheelchair available to give her step-by-step instruction as she is working. We don't measure precisely but learning the "old School Way" ... It looks about right. Cookies and Cakes – we might get a bit more precise when doing those from scratch, but the rest of the world – look out here we come!

IMG_2640.png

This is a new dish for her that she has never made and I have not made this in well over 50 years. So we revamped it a little bit and brought it up to date so that I can have it with the sodium restrictions that I face. The first time we took it out of the oven the wild rice was not cooked thoroughly. So where we took a little taste test out, we introduce three more cups of chicken broth into the pan, covered it with a foil hat so it would not brown more, and put it back in the oven to finish cooking the wild rice. Voilà dinner is rescued and it is time to eat!

I know this isn't the traditional turkey dinner that many of you are enjoying today, but this is a major victory for the gal who comes Monday through Friday. She's 20 years old, got her CNA while she was a high school, and one of the best caregivers I've had.

Today's movie for our holiday viewing pleasure was "Sully". My BFF and I have seen it previously, but my caregiver has not and it was really good to see once again. If you have not seen this movie you can rent it from Google Play or YouTube for about $4.99.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:cheer:

• Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.