[Script] SO NO DATABASE?? NADA??

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by SUZYWAN72, Dec 19, 2018.

1. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    hello beautiful people,
    so ive been "down with the sickness" for a little stretch, and i come back to find that i have no database, now mind you ive been all over the net , reading threads, etc and i see alot of talk about missing the MK.II, i know that i know the answer to my own question , especially after trying to open MK.II to no avail, but i think i just need to have someone in here to give it to me right between the eyes!! lol so what we have is MTS saved exports and Mturk Engine??? im sooooo scared of batches etc right now

2. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    Correct, HITDatabase no longer works since Mechanical Turk launched the new website. Instead, workers now use Mturk Suite which keeps track of all the HITs you've done so you don't have to, and it does a whole lotta other neat stuff! So, it's highly recommended. You may also want to install TurkerViewJS to check requester reviews, hourly rates and completion times among other useful things. As for Mturk Engine, I know of it but I don't believe it is as widely used as other scripts.

Why the fear of batches? There are good and bad requesters, just use the reviews to distinguish between them and you'll be safe. ;)

And, yes, you can export import your MTS data just as you used to with HITDB.

Welcome back to turking and good to see a new/old user on TurkerHub :)

P.S. I hope you're feeling much better.

3. GraceMetcal

GraceMetcal New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Which database is best for reporting? My colleague advised one database, but so far I didn't really like it. It is quite inconvenient for me and there are too many flaws in it. There are quite a few different options on the Internet, but I need the best company database. I would like to find a high-quality business database with full contact information of the company. If you have any suggestions, I will be happy to listen to you. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  4. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    What do you mean by reporting? No script saves all the contact information of the requester as far as I know. Turkerview does facilitate contact between requesters and workers by providing a contact link on a requester's HIT history page among other ways, provided you have the script.. MTS saves the group ID of a HIT as well as other information such as date completed, compensation, requester ID, etc... But if you're looking for a script that scans through the phone number, email, address and other contact info for a requester, MTS doesn't do that. However, Turkerview is compiling such information for known universities at the moment and their list is growing, albeit incomplete.

I do believe you might be looking in the wrong place as the information compiled is not company or business based. This thread concerns scripts that track HITs that workers complete on Mechanical Turk, not company databases.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  5. BrandonMet

BrandonMet New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't confirm without knowing more about your specific setup, but it's likely that MTS refers to MTurk Suite, a popular tool for managing MTurk tasks. MTurk Engine is a separate service that automates tasks on MTurk.

Here's a breakdown:

• MTurk (https://www.mturk.com/): A crowdsourcing marketplace where you can outsource tasks to be completed by individuals (called Workers).

• MTurk Suite (MTS): A third-party tool that helps you manage MTurk tasks, create HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks), manage Workers, and track results.

• MTurk Engine: A separate service that automates tasks on MTurk. It can handle things like submitting HITs, managing Workers, and processing results.