02/12 - For The Love of Friday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    You are correct. Perhaps windows security is running a disk scan? Have you checked to see if it's running?

• Like Like x 1
  2. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    it says the last scan was about 3 hours ago and it didn't find any threats

3. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Okay. Those are the usual suspects that peg the HDD. Let me google a bit and I'll reply if I can think of anything else to check.

• Love Love x 1
  4. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    my computer has been moved like 8 times in the last year. maybe it is the hard drive like you were saying.

5. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Not usually, but it's not unheard of. The HDD is mechanical so it does fail eventually, and not always just 100% dead. Sometimes they die slowly. Sometimes it's mechanical failure of the moving parts inside, and sometimes the controlling board that manages error correction and stuff fails. There are scans you can do to check, but it requires booting into a diagnostic command prompt and typing in commands to run it as the HDD can't be mounted/in use to scan it. Let's hope it's something else and I can help you find it without going down that route.

• Love Love x 1
  6. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Oh, and what is your RAM utilization? Windows has something called a page file where it swaps data between RAM and the HDD when it needs to free up RAM for another process.

• Love Love x 1
  7. TotalBabe

TotalBabe Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +12,602
    From reading your other post about having some damage on the ends of your hair and some tangling, it sounds like you might benefit from a deep conditioner. There's one by Aussie that's been around awhile that a lot of people like. It's inexpensive and easily found in stores. You could give it a shot anyway. :)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aussie-3...eep-Conditioner-Paraben-Free-8-fl-oz/10316482

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    45% memory utilization in task manager. but now it hasn't done that 100% disk thing for at least half an hour. maybe I should wait and see if it happens again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    okay.. I'll stop searching then. let me know if I can help anymore with your PC

• Love Love x 1
  10. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    I sent you a pm

• Like Like x 2
  12. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    also alberto V05

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    Title: [Qualification] Find grammatical errors in sentences! | PANDA
    Requester: Flying Fish [A3F5UZADAOZUUG]
    TurkerView: [ $30.24 / hour ]
    Description: This is a qualification task. Evaluate the grammatical correctness of sentences! In each of three HITs, answer a single yes/no question, evaluating if the sentence is grammatically correct. Passing this qualification test enables you to work on our "Find grammatical errors in sentences" HITs
    Duration: 5 Min
    Available: 3
    Reward: $0.01
    Qualifications:
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100,
    • Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US,
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95,
    [38FT9G80DLJ0ONZKFACLDOWMIHMHLS]

• Love Love x 1
  14. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    I don't have any recommendations, but I do second this one

I know it's used by a lot of people. I think their shampoo and conditioner are pretty popular too. Tresemme also makes a lot of products that work well.

If your hair is down to your butt, I don't think you can avoid having split ends. Trimming your hair 1-3 times a year should keep them in check. I wouldn't consider them to be an issue unless you are losing large or noticeable amounts of hair because of it.

There are plenty of youtube videos on how to trim or dust your own ends. Maybe watch a few before you do it. You and The Husband™ can make a day of it :). Have him help with the back of your hair.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.