Reject

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Yeti, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Hello, newb here...I was just rejected after keeping a 100% rating for over a year. I've reached out to him but he wants me to remember a black and white pic that I can't remember because I do several HITs a day through different platforms. Any suggestions?

2. TKNO

TKNO Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +7,820
    you might could pull the survey link from Mturk Suite, open it in an Incognito tab and find the picture in question to refresh your memory before answering.....or your browser history assuming you don't dump it every day or after you close it....

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Thank you...I did erase my browser history yesterday. Lol though I do appreciate the feedback, and I will use it if it happens again.

4. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Update: So, I've talked to the requester...he found my ID, said it was good but it would take 48 hours for him to take back the rejection. Is this normal?

• Like Like x 1
  5. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    Typically, no. Rejections can be overturned in minutes..

There is probably some reason that we don't know about. Maybe he needs to put more money in to his account, maybe he is using a 3rd party to administer his HITs and they told him 48 hours, or maybe he just doesn't know how to do it and needs to research it. Who knows. Just keep on him and hope for the best.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMechTurk/latest/RequesterUI/ReversingRejectedAssignment.html

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Okay, I did all I could but this requester isn't changing the rejection I received, plus he isn't answering my emails, I don't see anymore hits under his name so I guess I'll have to eat this one. What's upsetting is I don't care as much about the money as I do about the rejection. I guess it's time to do more hits so that I can get my rating back up. Thanks for your help. Oh and j0sh83 who are the 3 people you actually like? Lol

7. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    That sucks. Did you review the HIT? You can write a comment about them on TurkerView if you did. Possibly warn others. Also can be used as leverage. Example, "Thanks for your willingness to reverse the rejection, but I am a little concerned that the rejection hasn't been reversed in the 48 hours noted from that last email I received and you are no longer responding. I just want to let you know that the rejection will show prominently on a popular review site. I don't have control over this since I already reviewed your HIT using my tracking software. The rejection notice is automatic as it looks at my raw data. It can only be removed when you reverse my rejection. This may not be of any consequence to you, but others may see the rejection and avoid your future HITs. Blah blah blah."

Me, myself, and I :emoji_grinning:

8. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Funny! Lol. I like that kind of humor!:emoji_laughing: Yeah I tried all of that he isn't responding. In the future if I get even an inkling of a hit screwup I will return it...really not worth the hassle. My review on this requester should warn others...hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sheri

Sheri Turker

Ratings:
    +23
    I got 13 rejects my first year because I didn't know about reading reviews or contacting requesters or anything. Since then I've only gotten a few in the last couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    I noticed it takes time to build a rep. Plus it takes awhile to really get the feel of the platform, find functioning forums, apps (I'm not sure that's the correct term) that help you catch Hits quicker (that's if there is any to catch...like today) with Prolific, or Mturk.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021