[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    RE: edit
    I've actually never messed with tables haha so can't say for certain that it wouldn't do anything. The inputs would have to keep the same IDs and im not sure if putting things in a table would change that :\ buuuuuuut i wanna say that it would work??? Im really not too sure though...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Quotes from my adventure of fixing 2.0 --> 1.X

tl;dr take the settings end bit at the end from a fresh latest OW and replace it over the 2.0 stuff

• Love Love x 1
  3. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    @Ethraiel and @GooseMcD and anyone who had this issue, someone just mentioned that OW's settings don't always save correctly when it's not at 100% zoom for some reason. I keep my screen at 90%. Putting it to 100% allowed me to save the settings like normal for the first time in a couple of months. Such a simple fix to annoying issue and now I'm back down to 90%. The importing was working fine and I just changed the settings to links from worker instead of www using this method as well, but much easier to just do it in OW instead of in the import.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  4. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Flipping awesome! That should be simple for me to sniff out in the code when i get a chance... thanks so much for letting me know :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bob W

Bob W Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,051
    I'm having a problem I saw mentioned elsewhere a while back, with no successful suggestions posted.
    When Overwatch is 'running', there are no results. (This isn't one of those 'back and forth' situations
    that so many programs have been having in recent times. It hasn't ever worked for me.)
    'Search All' seems to work fine, but I really need to have it running in the background.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    It's never worked but you're on the right page and have the script installed? Are you using it the way OW is supposed to be used as opposed to HIT Finder, i.e. added watchers for requesters and pandas you want to be alerted about? Have you added a watcher for a requester you know has something up so that you can check if things are working okay? If Search All returns existing results for your watchers, then the rest usually works for me. It's when I click Search All and it hangs on searching Page 1 that typically shows a problem. If you haven't already, delete the script and install it again, but only after you export your watchlist and back it up in case you lose it. Also, check any other scripts running and active on the Overwatch page (https://worker.mturk.com/overwatch) and turn them off to see if that's producing a conflict preventing things from working correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bob W

Bob W Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,051
    Thanks for responding. Yes, I'm just trying to have a few favorite requesters there to avoid missing them. I noticed someone cheering yesterday when 'Heather' came up on OW. I was glad (s)he mentioned it, since she didn't come up on mine. Starting from scratch sounds like a good idea. ( :

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Ethraiel Would it be possible for you to update the hit finder export button to MTS's current format?

Code:
    {"A108TYBQSLDXAJ":{"alarm":false,"match":"A108TYBQSLDXAJ","name":"Paul Guerrero","notification":true,"pushbullet":false,"sound":true,"strict":true}} 
    or to show more than one entry for clarity

Code:
    {"A108TYBQSLDXAJ":{"alarm":false,"match":"A108TYBQSLDXAJ","name":"Paul Guerrero","notification":false,"pushbullet":false,"sound":true,"strict":true},"A116XPE56JVGXQ":{"alarm":false,"match":"A116XPE56JVGXQ","name":"Amazon Requester INC-RVD team","notification":false,"pushbullet":false,"sound":true,"strict":true}}
    For example would work as long as it is thrown into a .json file.

The current button shouldn't be removed entirely as hit forker uses that formating.

Oh and I'm not really super rushed to get this I just have been trying to be able to have some more fluidity in my include list so that I can test out hit finder and have it as a backup option just in case amazon breaks shit again while you are busy.

9. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073

So I'm pretty sure the solution is to change line 748 to this

Code:
    Tobj[id] = {id,:{"alarm":false,"match"id,"name":Xname,"notification":true,"pushbullet":false,"sound":true,"strict":true};
    and 752 to this

Code:
    Tobj[searchTerm] = {id,:{"alarm":false,"match"searchTerm,"name":Sname,"notification":true,"pushbullet":false,"sound":true,"strict":true};
    or at least something close to that but when I do that overwatch's url goes to "Sorry, we couldn't find that page" so :dunno:

10. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    in lines 748 and 752 just change "term" to "match"
    line 752 should also include
    Code:
    "strict":false,
    You'll also have to save the file as .json instead of a plain .txt file (easily done in notepad)

If you want to preserve the hitforker compatible export, instead of editing the script you can open the file (txt or json) in something like notepad++ and replace all "term"s with "match"s. (but the
    Code:
    "strict":false,
    should be added to 752 regardless)

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  11. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You should prob quote or tag people when you respond in here... I didn't even realize that you replied to me until I explored the forum a bit just now lol

• Love Love x 1
  12. UCOTC

UCOTC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +612
    Or if people are expecting an answer they could watch the thread (right corner above)

13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I get too many notifications for that to be practical.

14. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    :laser:you're very popular :lama:

• LOL LOL x 2
  15. UCOTC

UCOTC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +612
    I mess with my OW "interval" fairly often depending on how much I'm PandAing.
    Sometimes I forget about the mess I might have created PRE wise.

So I added some "quick and dirty" mods to remind me of the current interval in the tab label. Value 0 would indicate stopped.

At top of script add this:

Code:
    var timerString = "[0]";
    var timerVal = 0;
    function  SetTimerString( val) {
        if ( timerVal != val) {
            timerString = "[" + val.toString() + "]";
            document.title = "OW Waiting" + timerString;
            timerVal = val;
        }
    }
    function GetTimerString() { return timerString; }
    around line 403 (after adding above and note I've also modded to only tell me about qualified HITs, so
    the line numbers changed for that too)

update setting to document.title to this:

Code:
     document.title = (GetTimerString() + hitObject.Requester + ' @ ' + time.slice(-11)); //set doc title to requester name
    around line 500, add 2 "timer setting" lines so it looks like this:
    Code:
     console.log("Starting");
            var Interval = setInterval(function() {
                if (my.text() === "Stopped") {
                    console.log("Stopping");
                    clearInterval(Interval);
                    SetTimerString(0);

} else {
                    Monitor();
                    SetTimerString(settingsDB.timer.value);
                }

16. Red

Red Turker

Ratings:
    +55
    Overwatch has not been working right for me since last night. It will not show detailed feed even though that option is selected. When a requester posts a hit or the qual watcher finds something , Overwatch will continue to repeat the name of the requester over and over again until restarting Overwatch. Previously Overwatch was working for months without issue , no settings have been changed recently. This is on Chrome , Firefox works just fine.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  17. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Try creating a new chrome profile with no other scripts running and see if you have the same issue. It's working fine for me today.

18. Red

Red Turker

Ratings:
    +55
    I tried doing that but it was still acting up. Thanks for the response.

19. catnapped

catnapped New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm using it on Opera (which uses Chrome as a base) and have started to have the same problem within the past couple of weeks. It only seems to affect a few requesters (Sergey, Noah and another one I forget). I tried wiping the OW install out as well as changing the offending people to go off of the requester ID and not just a name string but that only worked for a little while...back to repeating again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,932
    EDIT
    Upon further examination I realized my post would not help. So I deleted it.
    Here is a picture of a cute cat instead. Sorry!

[​IMG]