Recruiting 2 Full-Time Workers for Skype Call (30 min / $10 Amazon Gift Card)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Alex Williams, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Alex Williams

Alex Williams A2PLP8B95UZNS8

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi everyone!

Update (March 15): We are *currently* looking for 5 or 6 more full-time workers to interview. Reach out if you'd like to participate!

I'm conducting a series of audio-only interviews with individuals who identify as full-time crowdworkers and work more than 35 hours a week on Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk). I'm specifically looking to recruit 1 male and 1 female who has worked full-time on MTurk (e.g. more than 35 hours a week) for a year or more.

The interview itself will ask you a series of open-ended questions about how you do work on MTurk (e.g. how you seek out work). During the interview, the only demographic information we will inquire about is your gender and your age. All audio from the interview will be recorded, transcribed, and anonymized to ensure your data privacy and protection.

Below, I'm pasting our ethics-approved e-mail recruitment letter that we've used to recruit our participants thus far. If you're interested in participating, please e-mail me at alex.williams@uwaterloo.ca.

Looking forward to working with some of you!

Cheers,
    Alex

-----------------------------------------------
    ** Study Recruitment E-mail **

This e-mail is being sent on behalf of Alex Williams, a PhD student working under the supervisions of Edith Law in the Human-Computer Interaction lab in the School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, Canada.

Study Rationale

The purpose of our study is to better understand the challenges and opportunities that crowdworkers have with task switching in their work practices. The results of this study contribute to graduate theses and faculty research aimed at exploring tools and interventions that improve crowdworkers' productivity and well-being.

Remuneration

Participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card for participation in the study.

Criteria for Participation
    In order to participate in the study, you must:
    • be a full-time crowdworker (i.e. work more than 35 hours a week) on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
    • be available for a 30-minute Skype call

Contact

If you would like to participate or have, please contact Alex Williams (alex.williams@uwaterloo.ca) to request permission to participate in this study. Participation is limited, and is guaranteed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Alex Williams

Ratings:
    +9
    Update: The two spots have been filled. Thanks to everyone who expressed their interest!

PS: We'll be running a follow-up study in the coming weeks in which we'll be looking for many more people. If you missed this, there will be another opportunity. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alex Williams

Ratings:
    +9
    Update: I'm actively looking to interview an additional 5 or 6 more full-time workers over Skype. All of the details of the interview study are described above, and I'd be happy to start interviewing folks as early as this afternoon. Please feel free to reach out via e-mail (Alex.Williams@uwaterloo.ca) if you're interested in participating!

4. ashish kumar

ashish kumar New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    i am intrested but how to work?