01/17 - Thingama-Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Geoffrey Fisher [AJUC89LM5MWGJ] Answer a survey about your opinions - $0.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $17.09 / hour
    00:02:38 / completion time
    Pros:
    Good compensation
    Cons:
    Some writing

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 97; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Geoffrey Fisher's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. itstriz

itstriz Turker

Ratings:
    +21
    Social Science Research [A1E92NJMLW1NK8] Interpersonal Judgments(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $23.38 / hour
    00:01:17 / completion time
    Pros:
    quick and easy
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [3882157-124120] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Social Science Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    This reminds me of the last group of kids who where confirmed at out church (Dave teaches eighth grade religious classes so he is always involved in this). During part of the service the students aproach the alter and genuflect in front of the Bishop. One parent was insisting to Dave that she didn't want her daughter to genuflect because her panties would show when she did. Dave in his best are you kidding tone of voice said "mayby she should where a longer dress". Not liking that answer she went to the Director of religious education who flat out told her if her daughter's under clothes were sahowing she wasn't dressed modiestly enough for church.

I mean I personally think the way some kids dress to day is ridicolus but whatever you do you. However there are times and places there should be some bare minimum sense of modesty.

4. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    My son, since he graduated in May, is thrilled not to shave every day and get a hair cut every few weeks, but he still rarely wears shorts. He'll go to church without shaving because our preacher was actually his teacher and principal at school. :D

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    Needless to say, he didn't get away with much of anything...

• Love Love x 1
  6. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Leanne ten Brinke [A3F8W1VZDB7A5] Social Evaluation(~ 5 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $45.00 / hour
    00:01:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Very quick and simple scenario
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [102146339-124099] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location In US;
    To read Leanne ten Brinke's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    MPR Lab [AI2G5V8H1U52N] 3-5 minute research study(~ 5 minutes) - $0.30 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.31 / hour
    00:01:56 / completion time
    Pros:
    Simple enough
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [1067194179-124116] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read MPR Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. WelcomeToFrightNight

WelcomeToFrightNight Active Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    Not going to, the man is a cretin.

9. Ezridax

Ezridax Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Well, boyfriend likes to soak them for when he does them... Only he never does them. And I don't like cleaning up the science experiments that grow after dishes have sat for a week with water and food leftovers in them. Yes, I could be an adult and tell him to stop soaking them, but where's the fun in that?

• WOW WOW x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    Social Science Research [A1E92NJMLW1NK8] Interpersonal Judgments(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $28.57 / hour
    00:01:03 / completion time
    Pros:
    Simple enough scenario
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [3882157-124120] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Social Science Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Yup fighting a losing battle here.

Trade off between getting paid your dollar or whatever or having a story of a distinguished PHD wielding professor calling you a butthole. I'll take the butthole any day of the week.

I'd just leave it as it is. Nothings going to come of this unfortunately

12. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Reminder that if you clean up immediately you won't end up with a huge mess and also have the bonus of not attracting nasties to your kitchen.

13. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
  14. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Holy fucking shit is that a man thing? Either it can be scrubbed with back breaking effort or the husband soaks it and never takes care of it. I'm then left to do dishes in the middle of the work day because the fucker (God bless him for this) loves making me hyper meals that take up all the fucking dishes in the house.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    I am totally aware of my intense seething hatred of doing dishes so I bought a dishwasher.

Yes..I am so lazy I went out of my way to buy an appliance/install it just to do them for me. The worst part? I load the thing and forget to turn it on. So basically I'm just a dish failure all the way around.

• LOL LOL x 2
  16. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    a week

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  17. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    A solid 80% of my shirts are black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. WelcomeToFrightNight

WelcomeToFrightNight Active Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    Yes, I was aware of the short timer at the time, was cognizant of it and completed in about 3, so that wasn't the issue, it just "poof" disappeared after submit, which I immediately contacted the requester about...anyway, I paste here what I replied to another member in case you missed it,

Just so you know, whenever I am communicating with requesters about anything, I am OVERLY CORDIAL and respectful. You catch more flies with honey right?. However, let me give you a little background and you can see why I might me irked. This has been going on for over a month now, I have contacted once a week in regard to payment, each time, he sends a dismissive reply, saying he will check into it. In his last communication with me he calls me a "butthole".
    Keep in mind that this is a man with a PHD after his name. Of course after this communication, after he poked the bear so to speak, I was pissed, but I still kept it civil and professional. I told him I didn't appreciate his ad hominem attack and that any institution which granted him a PHD ought to be razed to the ground. And he has proceeded to double down on his disrespectful communications. So you can see how my spidey senses might have been tingling in regard to this requester, but as I've said, since no one else has lodged a complaint. I am not going the IRB route. I will just save this chain of communications with him. Revenge is a dish most decidedly best served cold

19. quiet turker

quiet turker Active Turker

Ratings:
    +359
  20. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
    M Research [A1NF1Q5FMFHCHH] A short survey - $0.20 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.00 / hour
    00:00:45 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read M Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.