150(ish) hits from one requester still pending

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by VeeBee75, Jan 6, 2019.

1. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    I did a bunch of those image categorization hits for the MLdatalabeler/Benny person who has like four IDs. I've done a good number for him over the past couple of weeks and they approved very quickly. But the ones I did on 1/2-1/3 are just sitting there pending. Should I be worried? My biggest concern right now is that he is going to mass reject me. I've stopped doing his hits in the meantime.

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I'm pretty sure that guy is safe but if you can't afford to take 150 rejects for a requester that you haven't done before while staying above 99% you shouldn't do that many hits.

3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I've done some from them. The ones I did took a while to approve. I think it was around a week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry, I'm very new at this. There's a lot I still don't know. The whole point of me doing that many hits is because at this stage it's A) pretty much all I can do, and B) I'm trying to get my count up. I won't do any more from him.

5. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks, this is good to know. I only became concerned because I had done around 100 for him just a few days prior and they were approved almost instantly. I guess that was not the norm for him.

6. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I hadn't really done any before recently so can't speak to usual, but mine from 1/2 and 1/3 are pending. It looks like I've done around 20 in the past, all were approved and I remember wondering about the autoapprove on them myself at the time.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Actually my one from 1/1 just approved. So I'm just speculating here, but I would guess that it's set to 5 day auto approve and maybe the ones you had that approved faster were your first time doing them? They might have manually looked them over if you did a large number just to make sure you were on the level.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    That could be it.

9. Bluedays

Bluedays Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,220
    I've never had this guy reject me. He will dequal you first. I've also done a fair few of bad hits for him, accidentally.

10. Grauenstadt

Grauenstadt New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Dunno if this'll help, but another requester is doing a similar thing with me: Dor Technologies. I actually called the corporate orifice and was told that it can take up to 30 days for their HITs that they approve to be processed by Amazon. I straight up told the chick I don't believe her, but I've yet to hear back from Amazon whether or not this is true. The cynic in me has now assumed this is true.

11. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    They're probably referring to the 30 day auto-approval. Amazon approves the hit for them if they try to take longer than that.