02/28 - The Ordinary and Unremarkable Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. oldtimeturker

oldtimeturker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,095
    Yesterday was mad successful for many, with many hitting personal bests. Let's do it again. $200 days for everyone, go go!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Epictetus

Epictetus Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,108
    All time high for me too!

Long assed dental appointment tomorrow is going to thwart me tomorrow I fear. :emoji_rage:

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  4. oldtimeturker

Ratings:
    +4,095
    i think yesterday was my 17th best day, at least since i started keeping track. Totally out of the blue too. i mean monday and tuesday was great, yesterday was straight bonkers

• Like Like x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  5. ObsidianSage

ObsidianSage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,154
    I made $83.25 yesterday (today? idk) so it was just a little better than average. I know I probably won't get an answer but I can't help but ask how you guys are crushing 200-400 daily? insane really.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cipher

Cipher Turker

Ratings:
    +46
    SCN Surveys [A05127962JF89F85P2RSO] Answer Questions About The Ways People See The World (18 mins, $4.20)) - $4.20 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $38.28 / hour
    00:06:35 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Extremely generous pay for the amount of work
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read SCN Surveys's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Cipher

Cipher Turker

Ratings:
    +46
    BTSol [A37KVIQTPGPD3R] Short survey (about 6 minutes. ~$20/hour) with a decision-making scenario(~ 6 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $33.96 / hour
    00:03:32 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Location In US;
    To read BTSol's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. Cipher

Cipher Turker

Ratings:
    +46
    MJ H [A1ZTMLZ5IGZT1A] Consumer survey(~ 4 minutes) - $0.40 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $21.82 / hour
    00:01:06 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read MJ H's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. oldtimeturker

Ratings:
    +4,095
    yesterday morning was all about the surveys. I had $150 by 10am it was ridiculous. rest of the day was batches, maartens and blocks late morning, the decent alexandrias a good chunk of the afternoon, had a 7.50 quality testing in there, Peter Washington, $10 stanford, all in all it was a fire day.

https://forum.turkerview.com/daily_work.php for the recap of good stuff that was posted on the forums.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Hey, cheers for an actual answer. Didn't know this link existed so I will definitely keep tabs on that and add watchers accordingly. I don't know why but my morning yesterday was so slow. I started at 6am and was starting at a near empty queue or tons of surveys with writing prompts. Do you typically take these on? Maybe I'm being too choosy? Idk. Couldn't do the Maartens for some odd reason, even though I could the day before (qualed out, but I was completing the work seemingly correctly?) Going to have to start jumping on the Alexandria's more after seeing the batch she dropped an hour ago, super easy.

I knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep, I probably could've pumped out $120. Seemed like the work really started picking up around 10am and must've not quit even after I jumped off around 3pm

11. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Just a followup from yesterday's let's all quit our jobs chat:

I ended up with ~$134 on 7 hours 44 minutes worked. Just about two hours of that was leaving surveys open while dealing with other things, so that's closer to about ~$24/hr, give or take, which should be a pretty achievable goal for anybody willing to put time in to approaching mTurk like a semi-serious hobby or a part time job.

If you're in the position of being able to approach mTurk like a full time job, most days that aren't just totally dead should be good enough to make a similar hourly on average. Obviously there will be miserable holiday weeks, dead zones where there's nothing up, days where your schedule just doesn't line up with some monster drop, or other obstacles, but there will also be days with nice bonuses and generous batches, so if you're willing to put in the time you can do something.

Like I've said more than once here, thanks to the help everybody here shared with me starting out, I was able to do it. And if I can do it, with my schedule that very much doesn't normally align with peak Turking hours, anybody else can do it too.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 4
  12. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Of course, you could always use the the alternative turking method that I've been known to practice from time to time, which was summed up perfectly in a rowan earlier today:

Take a fifteen minute break and take a five minute break every five minutes.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  13. Cipher

Cipher Turker

Ratings:
    +46
    SCN Surveys [A05127962JF89F85P2RSO] Answer Questions About The Ways People See The World (19 mins, $4.43) - $4.43 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $26.89 / hour
    00:09:53 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read SCN Surveys's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. Cipher

Cipher Turker

Ratings:
    +46
    Gregory Dzurik [A21SL3EU361SAN] Brand personality survey - $3.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.19 / hour
    00:12:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
    To read Gregory Dzurik's full profile check out TurkerView!

15. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Yeah I really need to commit a little harder I think. Dealing with burnout, my uncomfortable chair (I know that sounds silly but god it makes me want to die sometimes) and IRL stuff gets in the way. Sometimes I'll have a show running and it can be helpful but also I feel like outside distractions can definitely negatively affect my work pace. I've spent time really honing in on key requesters and trying to bolster my batch work instead of slogging surveys, so hopefully that will help me see some good improvements :)

16. ObsidianSage

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Is this a joke or does this actually work for you? Maybe I should try this if you're serious.

17. oldtimeturker

Ratings:
    +4,095
    ive been turking full time for going on 5 years now, the big thing is paying attention, it's almost like the stock market, so many patterns. Be strategic with the pandas.
    Oh it's 12:10 AM, better set my Joe Lo Panda and catch the 12:15s for example...
    Do i recommend doing it full time? fuck no, it controls my life, but he freedom is sure nice. I'm running out of excuses to bail on my friends tho when good stuff drops. They wouldn't understand, "Sorry can't come over, Huge Peter Burke Batch"
    If you do want to do it full time I would ease into it, start accumulating the quals, and then just one day say fuck it and do it.
    Good luck to whomever originally spurned this conversation. I wish this chart went back farther.
    upload_2019-2-28_2-33-46.png
    My results are not typical. just years of busting my ass on here. But full time is certainly doable.

• WOW WOW x 4
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
  18. thewetnoodle007

thewetnoodle007 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,245
    what in the fuck? $73k in a SINGLE YEAR on mturk? that blows my fuckin mind

19. oldtimeturker

Ratings:
    +4,095
    topped 100k back when the turking was good, 2013-2015

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
    • WOW WOW x 2
  20. thewetnoodle007

thewetnoodle007 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,245
    are you at your computer from the time you wake up till the time you go to sleep, always ready to do a hit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.