[Script] Worker-MTurk Qual Sorter

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Eisenpower, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Updated. Thanks for the heads up, I completely forgot.

• Like Like x 3
  2. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    For some reason I can't make it work.
    Updating is completed at 100% but when I click on the "view qual" icon and I am redirected to https://worker.mturk.com/qualtable, the page is always empty (not found).

Tried several times, reinstalled, reinstalled also Tampermonkey etc.but no luck.

Also I've no "Qual DB" under Application in Developer Tools Panel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. blanksmaiden

blanksmaiden Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +261
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Check the Greasyfork page. It should give you a sense of what to do. If you still have trouble with it or the steps, send me a PM and we can walk through it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    Hello guys,

I've solved it in an unorthodox way.
    Nothing I could do seemed to work BUT after deleting the chrome user profile and creating a brand new one (with the exact same settings, scripts and extensions installed) someway it worked fine.

If you have the same issue, try it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ed5harp

ed5harp Active Turker

Ratings:
    +76
    Ok, the Developer Tools Panel in Chrome is confusing to me. :emoji_expressionless: What steps does one need to take to make the qual sorter work? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. blanksmaiden

blanksmaiden Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +261
    How does one delete a chrome user profile? My profile is synced to my gmail account, is that the same thing? Do I just need to log out then log back in again?

8. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    A Chrome profile is something different from a Google account.
    https://confluence.bethel.edu/display/ITSKB/Removing a Profile in Google Chrome

If you are synching with Google you may even delete it, add it again immediately after and you'll have your extensions, themes, settings back in their place in a minute - through synching. Of course take care, you never know: so back up critical bookmarks, passwords, etc. eventually

Or, as an alternative, create a new Chrome user paired with a new Google account you will use JUST for turking, like I did.
    On that install all the scripts / extensions you need: Tampermonkey, MTS, Qual Sorter, Inquisit, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgan Dutton

Morgan Dutton New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Can you guys tell me what you use qualifications for, I'm not sure what to do with that tab?

10. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    If you click on qualifications in your post there's an overview in the wiki. Besides a few that Amazon manages they are things requesters give out to let you do(or not do) their hits. You don't need to worry about the tab too much. Requesting qualifications rarely does anything. You generally want to do any qualification tests you can find. Turkerview has a nice page that lists recent qualification tests: https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  11. Morgan Dutton

Morgan Dutton New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you! I was wondering how to use that tab and it sounds like I need to think more about getting more qualifications, is there a way to find qualifications tests in the MTurk UI?

12. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    The tab isn't very useful. A lot of surveys use exclusion quals and there are a lot with names that won't make much sense. So if you've been on the platform for any length of time that tab has a lot in it and it isn't really necessary to try to parse it. The only reason I could see for using the tab would be if you're looking for a particular qualification that you want to see how you scored on or something like that.

As far finding quals on the Mturk UI: Make sure you have the "I'm qualified to work on" box unchecked in the filter. Click to open up the details on hits you're not qualified for and see if it says "take test" next to the qualification. If so take the test. I would pretty much ignore the request qualification button. It won't do anything for you the vast majority of the time. Try sorting by different parameters and see what's there. Beyond that search for things with qualification, qual, etc in the title. Although the Qualifeye page basically does all this for you and just makes a list so I would really recommend just using that. Also keeping an eye on the daily or setting up alerts for the same terms I told you to search for is useful. Most of the "good" qualifications will create quite the buzz in the daily if they are posted.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  13. Morgan Dutton

Morgan Dutton New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Got it, thanks, that's helpful - appreciate your advice!

Best,

Morgan

• Like Like x 1
  14. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    Now i've a 0% updating every time I reload. My Qual page never got past 25 April...
    Any idea?

15. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    It's not the script. The qualification pages are no good on Amazon's end for the last week or so.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    "It's not the script. The qualification pages are no good on Amazon's end for the last week or so."

Thanks a lot, I didn't know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    MTurk made/is making changes to the Qualifications page. I'll have to change things up to reflect the change(s). I'll post again when it's updated.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Fixed. I don't have a good way to show percentages anymore. I might update it to show pages at some point. For now, it shows a check icon when the update is done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  19. LAM

LAM New Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    Just tried the new version: working fine :emoji_thumbsup:Thank you for the quick update.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MichelleMarie_5584

MichelleMarie_5584 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Does this script work?