Tampermonkey warning....!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by btowngirl, Mar 25, 2019.

1. btowngirl

btowngirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Notification I received on Tampermonkey: Limited runtime host permissions might break some Tampermonkey features like script update, GM_xmlhttpRequest and others!

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

2. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Welcome! You should be able to just ignore it. If you come across any actual issues (e.g. you know there's an update to one of your scripts and receive an error when you try to update), feel free to let us know. :)

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. btowngirl

btowngirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your quick reply! I appreciate it!

4. marcusdavvid

marcusdavvid Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,187
    Chrome has the option to limit access for specific extensions for privacy and security reasons. Seems to be off by default so you should be fine, but you can double check if you want.

Extension Permissions:
    https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/runtime_host_permissions

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Brown

Robert Brown New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone please help, I use Linux Ubuntu and I only use Firefox which is preinstalled on Linux and the only browser by default. With me turkerview is hit or miss, sometimes it works great and other times not at all which is very frustrating because Turk supplements my income and I won't turk if turkerview is not working. I have tried clearing my browser data and clearing the cookies which still doesn't help. Is turkerview being updated today? I have not been able to get it to work most the day? If I were to pay the fifty bucks for the yearly subscription would I get better support thus making it more reliable? Someone please help? I have emailed turkerview but they never ever respond back which is frustrating to say the least.

6. amberson

amberson New Turker

Ratings:
    +30
    Mturk is going under slowly but surely, don't waste money on any hit catcher or anything else that purports to get hits at this point. Nobody except the few who got good quals or masters long ago are making anything these days. It's a vast desert now full of desperate turkers willing to do any low paying trash.

7. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178
    Can you not use MTS, which is a browser extension? Comes with TV.