Help needed

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Sonya2RN97, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Sonya2RN97

Sonya2RN97 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my name is Sonya. I am new and just joined MTurk about a month ago. I have earned about $15. I must learn how to get into the other HITS to try and earn more. I can only manage to do the ones with the yellow boxes at the end that says, "Accept and Work". The others that says, " Qualify" I clicked on them and then check back. Then, when I check my account under Qualifications all I have is what is called Exc. I had a few Inc. about a week ago. I need help, because when I did earn some qualifications. I can't figure out how to get into them. There is no link. Thanks for any help.

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Welcome!

Requesting qualifications is useless 99% of the time. If there is a qualification test, you can take that to try to qual. The biggest hurdle will be getting your approved numbers up. A lot opens up once you have >1000 approved hits.

If you're not using scripts yet, you should learn how to use those for finding work. Here's a guide I wrote in another thread as an intro to doing that:
    Super beginners guide to scripts

3. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    "Exc." qualifications are "Exclude" - meaning you probably already did that task (or something like it) for that requester, and they only want people to do it once. Another option is that they didn't like the work you did for them, but more often than not, it's a "this person already did this task" marker.

In terms of getting other qualifications, in some of those tasks for which you don't have them, there may be a "Request Qualification" link or a "Take Test" link that may possibly allow you to gain that qualification. This does not always work (a lot of the requesters set up qualifications ages ago and are happy with their current worker pool, etc).

Another thing to check out would be the Qualifeye page here on TV. It updates with new qualification tests and screeners, etc.

https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

4. Sonya2RN97

Sonya2RN97 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Thanks so much! This information is so helpful.