04/22 - Peep Hangover Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    They rip a boatload of the core Google tracking garbage out, which makes it faster. Noticeably so IMO.

Kinda lost w/ all the garbage they put back on top of it, ofc.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    God love her, my sister was more of a mom to me than my own. But she was mean too. :emoji_joy: She told me strawberries were made of horse guts so I would give them to her because I loved horses. She stole my apple sauce. She let me jump out the window of a moving car when I was itty bitty, and she used to set me in the bath tub just cause she wanted to see if I'd get sucked down the drain. :emoji_confused:

• Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  3. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    I've installed Brave and someday I'm going to copy my chrome profiles over to it and give it a try. Tossed chromium edge because I felt too dirty.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  5. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    All the bitcoin bullshit will make it worse than chrome anyway but good luck.

• WOW WOW x 1
  6. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Is it still broken?

7. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Yep. Looks like they just tossed that batch and moved all the other hits to the new one they posted.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You know that this means that we have to keep checking this batch until it works... right?

Eventually it is just going to start working and it will be like a private unthrottled batch unless some dumbass tells everyone that it started working.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  9. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Knowing Vicky, it's just going to sit there until it expires.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. NobodyImportant

NobodyImportant Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,698
  11. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    Mine liked to tie me to things and leave me there- trees, tables, etc. We would create games that were basically just wailing on each other. I was 6 years younger and ever the runt, so my dad looked out the window to see my sister in the fetal position while I repeatedly beat her with one of those yellow whiffle ball bats. When my dad pulled us apart, we both vehemently explained the rules of our game specified "by any means necessary," and thus I was well within my right to pummel her. We'd get grounded together and sneak into each other's rooms with snacks and silently hang out. I relate to a strong love/hate sister bond:emoji_laughing: Sure, I probably shouldn't have left a full set of teeth indents in her that one time, that broke the skin, but she made fun of me in front of my little childhood boyfriend and I wasn't big enough to push her back very effectively! :emoji_rage:

My dad was under the impression that raising 2 girls on his own wouldn't be as hard as boys, because girls are nice and fluffy and sweet. HAH! We were pretty much feral cats for a while there:emoji_joy: Also, I still have the skort I stole from her in middle school and I still wear it and she can pry it out of my cold, dead claws.

• LOL LOL x 2
  12. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  13. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    C'mon man, you've been around long enough to know that this is 110% absolutely going to instantaneously happen. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 6
  14. Kit_Samad

Kit_Samad New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Title: Face Segmentation [ $ | $ ] PANDA
    Requester: jsnow [A32T3R5WKYBT7W]
    TurkerView: [ $7.26 / hour ]
    Description: Annotate all labels (that exist in the image) from the given list of labels.
    Duration: 01:00:00
    Available: 1
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications:
    • Face Segmentation low quality DoesNotExist [ Request | How to Use ]
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000,
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99,
    [3U1992G9HOKI5X6RVL471A0V9LND7B]

15. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  16. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    My brothers would tie my other sister to a tree and shoot bb's at her feet. :oops: I have to say, it wasn't very nice and I'd beat my boys within an inch of their lives if they ever did that to anybody. But they sure never let anyone else pick on any of us. :emoji_joy: None of us were very nice to each other, but we're all so close now, one would never know how awful we were.

• Love Love x 1
  17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Maze [A1D8RNWK41HDVE] Small usability task & feedback on a website/app prototype. (~9 minute) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $32.14 / hour
    00:01:52 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications:
    To read Maze's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    Working again, btw.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  19. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Something like this :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  20. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    We used to get grounded for twice as long for snitching, so we had a real strong sister mentality. We didn't always get along, but we were always deeply loyal. I'd still bury a body for her, even if we aren't always friends. We lived in a little house that had 2 tiny rooms upstairs, with like a foot of distance between them on the stairwell, so it was the girl lair of the house. We used to sneak across the hall any time we were grounded and play nintendo on mute and I'd always hide snacks for the eventuality that we'd get grounded again. Cause, we'd always get grounded again. Funnily enough, I think we're both STILL grounded in perpetuity, from our various teenage shenans.

I still maintain that playing Prisoner Escape (one of us would be the sheriff who fell asleep and then had to haul the other back to jail, while the other one of us had to escape shed jail and make it out past the fence in the front yard, by any means necessary) taught me to think on my feet and I'm not sure why it's frowned upon to defend oneself with a plastic bat when one is 50 pounds lighter than her older sister. Hmmph, our dad never saw it that way. He didn't see reason!

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.