Turkview Auth/API Key?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Reign, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Reign

Reign New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep receiving a pop up window on mturk stating that I need to register to receive and API key, but the link disappears before I have a chance to click on it, and doing a search here shows no results. Would someone please be kind enough to guide me in the right direction to remedy this, please.

TIA!

2. Reign

Reign New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind! I was able to find the answer to my own question! Isn't reading fun???

3. tastypizzaking

tastypizzaking New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you do it? please help I can't figure it out seriously

4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    You should only have to visit this link: https://turkerview.com/account/api/

Click on 'claim free key' and then paste it into the script. There should be a video on that page that will show you start to finish the process, it only takes about 30 seconds or so :)

IF you click that link and you aren't logged in on TV's main website, just come back here and log out and log back in. That's a bug that occured from transferring the domains over, some sessions didn't get stored correctly but logging out / back in will resolve it then you can grab your key from that page :)

5. happynihilist

happynihilist Turker

Ratings:
    +398
    This keeps popping up for me. I do tend to clear my cookies and history often, so maybe it is partially on me, but I am starting to get a bit annoyed by having to do this daily. This is more feedback than an issue unless there is some solution I am unaware of, but it would be great if this system could get reworked to be a bit more user friendly.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Hmm, yea it is stored in the local cache atm so clearing that will make it go poof, I'll see if I can whip up a more permanent solution you're not the only one to experience this

• Like Like x 1
  7. tastypizzaking

tastypizzaking New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it. Thank you!

8. geniuscrackhead

geniuscrackhead Active Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    I have a question, Chris. Where do I paste it into the script at? Just anywhere?

I have my free API, pasted it into line 24 of the script, but it still does not seem to be working

9. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    You don't need to manually paste it into the script's source code, but where you paste it depends on which script you're using? It'd be helpful to know that to guide you to the correct place.

FWIW all the supported scripts currently have a video you can watch for instruction as well:
    https://turkerview.com/account/api/#api-instructions

But just lemme know & I can get ya more details :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. speedyrabbit

speedyrabbit New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    how can i change my turkerview profile name? to speedyrabbit

11. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    You need @ChrisTurk to do it for you. I tagged him so he'll probably see this, but it would be a good idea to send him a message just in case.

12. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Meant to quote you on that last message so you'd see it.

13. speedyrabbit

speedyrabbit New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I saw it thanks

14. ChrisL

ChrisL New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a valid API key (which I've blacked out below)
    and have input it into TView:

upload_2019-4-20_9-22-39.png

However it isn't being "recognized" when I view a requester (it's suggesting that I need a valid TurkerView Auth Key)? Is there a setting that I need to change? (see below)

upload_2019-4-20_9-18-52.png

15. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Need to paste it into MTS as well and that will go away :)

Load chrome-extension://iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf/options/options.html (or just click on MTS icon & select options)

and there will be an option for your API key

16. 512K8

512K8 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Chris,
    I'm new to all of this as well. I received my API key, but I don't know what to do with it or how to paste it into the script. The instructional videos on the API page only show the process of signing up for and claiming the API key, but not what to do with it after.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    For Turkerview: In the Dashboard click the gear in the top right and paste it in the page that opens up upload_2019-4-24_15-44-48.png

upload_2019-4-24_15-46-23.png

For MTS: open up the options and make sure Turkerview is checked and the code goes right below where my image cuts off. I didn't want to scribble it out :)

upload_2019-4-24_15-48-30.png

18. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    If you go to the section that has the video right above it has links to videos for every individual script:
    upload_2019-4-24_16-50-16.png

But if you let me know which one(s) you're using I can walk you through it as well if the videos aren't clear :)

19. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    That beats my janky snipping tool pics. :emoji_disappointed_relieved: I'll have to remember where that is next time someone asks.

• LOL LOL x 1
  20. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    I need to change the page so it's more obvious.. lots of people ask the same question