Rejected for no reason of mine?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by B Marie, Apr 26, 2019.

1. B Marie

B Marie New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    So I did a test batch of 4 Hits on a requester and all 4 got rejected. The memo was "something wrong in the setting. Need to republish the batch" on one hit and the other three said "need to republish".

I emailed them and just now got TurkerView and saw they have rejections. Am I SOL or any chance they may reverse them? I emailed them, but I doubt I will hear anything back from what their page is saying.

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    There is always a chance but it is only 4 rejects so just don't do more hits for the requester unless the rejections are reversed.

3. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    I would write a (polite) email to them (use the "Contact Requester" link after finding the hit in your dashboard) explaining that rejections affect workers' accounts permanently and that requester error is not considered to be a valid reason to reject work if the workers followed instructions given to them.

4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Kinda 50/50 with things that could way the #s in either direction.

If the requester is an academic, you've got a great chance of them getting overturned.

If they're not, but they're part of a legitimate business, also a pretty good chance. Often things like this the requester gets told right from Amazon to just reject the HITs & republish them which.. is a Grinch for us lol. But once they get a heads up from workers they'll eat the cost & overturn and move on.

But if neither of the above are true, or if they were horribly underpaid to begin with, the odds start going in the other direction. One of the reasons people should NEVER volunteer their time to horribly underpaid HITs to "build numbers" is because any requester who right out the gate doesn't respect your time enough to pay for it likely is not going to help or be amicable to a positive solution to a situation like this.

So, largely, it kinda just depends on the specifics of the situation :(

• Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  5. B Marie

B Marie New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like it sucks to suck. If it gets reversed awesome but it it doesn't that's why you do test batches. Luckily it was just 4 instead of 40!

Thanks guys :)

EDIT: They were reversed and accepted. No email back from the requester and found out from reading the information on here about them and from a facebook group they tend to do this frequently. Going to avoid their hits in the future. Thanks everybody!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019