04/28 - Sweet Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Apr 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It would help if HBO wasn't retarded and set to bitrate higher. The reason that you couldn't see shit is not because of 'it being dark' but because the bitrate was to low unless your TV/Monitor is shit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. purply

purply Turker

Ratings:
    +16

3. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
  4. Paradigm365

Paradigm365 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +326
    Thanks @Randomacts @Kadauchi, I'm aware of protonmail but unfortunately it has storage caps (apparently even for its paid tiers). I want to set up a separate email for turking/messaging requesters, so nothing with an unusual need for privacy -- I guess instead of privacy in general, I meant something with less targeted advertising than Google (or none at all). I'm curious if even Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, etc. are perceived as better in this aspect.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Just make another gmail account and be done with it.

6. hypersubtle

hypersubtle Active Turker

Ratings:
    +173
    The episode underwhelmed me. Felt like an instructional video with a title like "How to Master the Close-up"; I bet that half the screen time was 30- to 60-second slow zoom-ins on characters' faces, leaving me, a fan, with basically no other response option than "Okay, they're thinking really hard about something and it must matter a lot", then a quick cut to a dragon rider in an ice storm that came from nowhere, then a very random cut to someone fighting somewhere and by the time I figure out if that somewhere is the tree with a face or the crypt or outside the castle or inside the castle it cuts to a slow zoom of someone thinking really hard about something. The pacing and the scene placement all seemed a bit sloppy and not thought out enough. But, because fanhood, I still effing loved it at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.