How to post a review on Turk View??

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by godmindconnection, Mar 18, 2019.

1. godmindconnection

godmindconnection New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    Hello there. I am trying to figure out how to post reviews on Turk View. There doesn't seem to be any tab that allows me to post a review even though I have a created account on TV and Mturk. I can read and see all reviews left by others, but just no way to post my own.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You need to install TurkerViewJS https://turkerview.com/mturk-scripts/1-TurkerViewJS

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    After installing the script, this video will walk you through the process start to finish:

https://turkerview.com/assets/TurkerViewJS.mp4

The actual review starts at 2:40 in.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Or just view this gif that has all the contents of the video without the blabing.

[​IMG]

On a side note... that is hosted on imgur lmfao you might want to move that to TV's servers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rook

Rook Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    TurkerView doesn't work very well. Good luck figuring out how to do it. I can open my dashboard but there are only a few days listed. So if someone rejects your work 5 days later, you won't even find that day in the dashboard. Of course that won't matter anyway because if you click on any of the days that are listed, nothing shows up at all even if you did work all of those days. I have no idea how this script is supposed to work, but doesn't seem to do anything much on my end other than a timer and allowing me to read reviews left by others.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Hits that you do after you have the script installed and running should show up. If you've done hits after installing it and they aren't showing up, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you leave a review within a few days of doing a hit, that review will show up in your TurkerView profile and you can edit from there later. Go to turkerview.com and select "my profile" from the drop down menu at the top right.

7. Rook

Rook Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    It is definitely installed and running. I don't think I'd be able to open the dashboard otherwise. It just does not seem to work well. Maybe it's conflicting with something else I'm running, which I think is only MTS at this point.

8. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    I can't install the script. I'm running Firefox and all I get is a page of source code. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. The only other Mturk script I'm running is MTS, and it has no pages where I can input said source code.

I do get the two boxes off to the side when I see each HIT.

9. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    you'll need to install the tampermonkey extension
    that let's you install and manage scripts

10. SavvyCat

SavvyCat New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    That is the most ridiculous method of posting reviews I have ever seen. I understand nerds like the scripts and everything, but what about posting a review when a bonus that is supposed to be paid at a later date is not paid? Reviews after accumulated experience, etc., are often just as valuable, if not more so. I didn't realize how persnickety p9r is, and resultantly unfair, until a dozen rejections. I found TurkerView trying to find out about Insight Collector because of a failure to pay a massive EARNED bonus a couple of weeks ago, but since I have to have JUST completed a HIT in order to review them, and there aren't any, more suckers will be scammed. I look at this site and it's script for a day or so, for I see a thorough uninstall in my future.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Well, TV will keep an eye on and track that for you, and give you a one-click button to press to indicate the failure on the requester's part.

upload_2019-4-28_12-6-0.png
    Appreciate the feedback. FWIW, you'll probably find TO1 more catered to your preferred style of submitting reviews since it takes in data through their web form where you wont need to mess with nerdy scripts. Happy Turking!

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Kit_Samad

Kit_Samad New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, before you review Insight Collector, I just received my bonus from them today, though it was a week or so ago that I completed the hit & additional tasks. But, on the difficulty is posting reviews, I have the same issue. My profile shows my review, allows me to update it, and then hit "Report" but I never see it in the TV reviews. I have TamperMonkey also, and I have installed the JS script too many times for nothing to happen. What would be nice is a direct option to post reviews on the same page where reviews are read in TV. Sometimes the simplest solution gets buried under complexity, and excludes users who would benefit from an alternate, easier solution.

13. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    TV used to have this option. It was objectively terrible. People posted things that were wrong, in the wrong place, didn't have useful metrics, etc.

TVJS simply moves the web form from a requester's page to MTurk. It really isn't any more complex than that, and given the huge increases in data accuracy it is unlikely to ever change in the future. This is about as simple as it gets:

[​IMG]

I'm very happy to make improvements to the process wherever possible, but the open web form is something we've tried and found to be a detriment to the service.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Dawnia

Dawnia Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    @ChrisTurk on batch HITs, if the requester approves the first HIT and then rejects the rest, they still end up with a good rating. How can I fix this. It's giving a very inaccurate view of that requester.

15. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    It should update the display when the cron job runs, but I can fix it sooner if you throw me the page

16. txtude

txtude New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    ok I just skimmed through this, I have to run another script to post a review on turkview? I'm trying to let others see they will not be paid on a post, or a few posts, because there is no code at the end and I don't want them to get screwed like I was. The ones it seems to happen on are ones that theres no reviews or times or any other stats next to there name

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    When you do a survey that doesn't give a code just submit with your worker id. As long as it has an irb approved consent form you'll be fine in 99.9% of cases.

• Like Like x 1
  18. txtude

txtude New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Chris!!!!!