Hey Fellow Turkers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LucktheLemon, May 21, 2019.

1. LucktheLemon

LucktheLemon New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all!
    I've been on & off turking for a while now. Definitely got easier every time I came back on to realize I was wasting time on certain things and should have done other tasks even if they were unfamiliar but I know I am still very much at beginner level. I'm hoping I can make at least $50 bucks a day... In saying that please tell me to close up and get out if that's not nearly possible.
    Anyway I'm excited to hop on the community here and hope we can all meet our goals with the help and support of each other!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    $50/day is an easily attainable goal if you learn how to turk properly.

Most of the active people on this forum make at least that or more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. redsfan33

redsfan33 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Yep, what Randomacts said. Just keep at and learn how to use your scripts.

Also, the Cubs suck. Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. LucktheLemon

LucktheLemon New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Woo! That's good to see :) I hope I can be as successful! Do you have any time recommendations to actually log on? Normal work day hours?

5. redsfan33

Ratings:
    +3,719
    Normal work hours (9-5) usually are busiest for me, but it definitely varies. Like this weekend I did really well, randomly.

6. LucktheLemon

LucktheLemon New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Scripts I will start checking out now, any recommendations?? Very new to the script thing.

Oh btw..check the standings ;) #1! #1!
    Can we agree that the Cards suck??? Altho lately the Brewers might take the cake there.

7. LucktheLemon

LucktheLemon New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I know I need to switch my hours a bit because I'm used to working night shift. I already screwed myself on quick transcription hit that went away in about 20 minutes...thought I had time for a break lol nope!

8. redsfan33

Ratings:
    +3,719
    "I hate the Cardinals. All they do is Grinch and moan about everything, all of them, they're little Grinches, all of 'em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear - I hate the Cardinals."
    -Brandon Phillips.

• Love Love x 1
  9. redsfan33

Ratings:
    +3,719
    I use a combo of Hit Forker and Panda Crazy, mostly. Some like MTurk Suite better than that.

I also very much recommend using TurkerView JS (our site's main script written by the admin @ChrisTurk and others) to keep track of your HIT bonuses and so you can see how fast others are doing the same tasks in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
    [​IMG]

$50 a day is absolutely possible as long as you make sure you are a bit patient and put in the effort to decipher what work is worth your time and what is a waste of your time + getting quals. I personally shoot for around that on weekdays and just spending time on here the last year learning has made that almost easy. With regards to time of day - taking note of what time requesters post HITs will help you get more out of a batch when you set a panda. I also find surveys to be busiest between 11-1:30 EST if that's what your into, but doing just surveys isn't going to get you to that $50/day. https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/ can be really helpful for you too if you just leave it in a tab on another monitor.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LucktheLemon

LucktheLemon New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Written down and am going to look at right now :)

Thanks man I appreciate the support! I do try to mix it up a little especially when I start. I do some easy HITs just for a breather but I need to time those cause I'll look up and it's been an hour (waste). I'll start checking for surveys when I start off, plus that might be an easy way to start the day! Already got Turkerview up :)