06/09 - Stretching Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    [​IMG] getting tired- nite

2. LucusNon

LucusNon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +707

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. LucusNon

LucusNon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +707
    OK so I guess it might be a network or cloud problem affecting your "region".
    Mturk is loading quickly for me, so I guess my region (in northern California) is not suffering the issue.

If it were me, I'd restart my computer and power-cycle my internet router anyways,
    even though it's not likely to help.

I do that when I want to eliminate the very small chance of a local problem.

For example (unrelated to mturk), one day last year, a few specific websites were slow to load for me. My ISP's tech support urged me to restart my computer and power-cycle my router — which I did while protesting that it wasn't likely to help — but bizarrely, in that one case, the restart seemed to eliminate the problem. ... Since then I've experienced a similar problem twice, but in those cases restarting everything at my end did not help at all.

So in your case, admittedly, restarting the computer and router probably won't help — but it only takes a minute to try it, just in case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    Thank you for the advice- will try it tomorrow if it's not better- going to play some games before bed- nite all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.