Fairly new worker no work?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Gizmohelper, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Gizmohelper

Gizmohelper New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,
    I’m pretty new with just under 200 hits. I’m at 100% I noticed that there was very little to work on over the last couple days. So I looked at my qualifications, there are pages and pages of exclusions. I do filter for hits I’m qualified for above .25. I get about 25 that I qualified (supposedly) for most I’m not. There are some that I know I haven’t done, I select but am told there are none left yet they stay up for days. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Oh and, I have no idea about scripts and scraping so if possible please simplify.

2. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    First off, you have very few HITs. You won't start seeing lots of stuff until you get to 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 bench mark of approved HITS. B, don't bother with the qualifications page, it's useless and most of what you will eventually see there is exclusion quals from like TurkPrime and stuff. Three, make sure you do your Amazon qual stuff (they are worth 0 cents so you have to go look for them). Lastly, but not really, it sounds like you aren't using most of the tools available to help find work like scrapers... something like HITForker (if it still is up and running) or the HITFinder from MTS should do you well to start with.

3. Gizmohelper

Gizmohelper New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    By Amazon qual stuff you mean the premium qualifications right? As for scrapers... I looked for alerts and such but it seems not much is available for iOS, I use my iPad mostly. But I’ll see if I can find those you mentioned. Thank You

4. InfiniteChanges

InfiniteChanges Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,937
    I really have no idea about iOS. Most people use FireFox or Chrome, but you should be able to get Chrome on your iPad and use the scripts... but I'm fuck all for help on tablets and Apple (GOOGLE FOR LIFE!).

5. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    If you are going to try to turk on mobile alone you are honestly going to have a bad time. Honestly the only setup I can set working decently well would be paying for https://turkernator.com/ and the TV API https://turkerview.com/account/api/ and running it on a desktop with your iOS devices just remotely controlling it.

@Kadauchi would know better if that would be feasible and if the iOS client is out etc.

btw I'm fairly certain that chrome on iOS has zero extension support so you would be SOL on that. Firefox might have some but most shit won't work anyways.

6. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    No iOS app out yet (I added support for Pushbullet for push notifications because its taking extra time to get this done :emoji_rage:), just the main program on macOS.

All browsers on iOS are really just reskinned Safari so no Firefox + Tampermonkey like you can on Android. TBH iOS devices are probably going to be the worst thing to MTurk on. An old used $30-50 Android tablet will probably be better than the newest iPad because of the no scripts on iOS.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    iOS may be the worst thing to turk on my I have made $3000 off my ipad that I use for one requester =p

but yeah you are going to have a bad time if you try to turk on mobile only no matter what you do.

• Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  8. mattheusbuz

mattheusbuz New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    You should look for more projects and add more information to your portfolio, which may help you raise your ratio and get more jobs to see. You can search for additional projects via typing in google - side hustles from home, and you will see a good range of propositions. Also, you can try to look at sites like Upwork for more job propositions if you are from Europe or US. Reach me in private messages if you still need any help, so I will be able to provide you with some simple tasks. Have a good one, and I wish you good luck!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022