[Script] Worker-MTurk Qual Sorter

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Eisenpower, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jskuchmek

jskuchmek New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having problems getting it to work. I have installed Qual Sorter and unable to get it to open the database. It appears to sort and I get the green check mark in the circle. Then I click on Qual and I get "Sorry we couldn't find that page". The page is https://worker.mturk.com/qualtable

I looked at the Greasyfork page & although I don't believe I am having a problem with the sort page, I went to the Developer Tools Panel and deleted the database and updated again from dashboard and still the same.

I am using Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (32-bit) all up to date. I cleared my browsing history, cookies and other site data and also cached images & files. I signed out of Amazon mturk & closed browser. I have even tried it shutting my computer all the way down. Went back in and tried again many times with the same results.

2. TaeVon Lewis

TaeVon Lewis Turker

Ratings:
    +66
    Pretty sure it stopped working a long time ago and hasn't been updated since.

3. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Updated. Shouldn't have any issues now.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38977-worker-mturk-qual-sorter

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. Terry Theng

Terry Theng New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just installed the script. Although, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

5. Mishka907

Mishka907 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Just installed and couldn't find it. Page came up as page not found. Gave it a bit and went back still nothing (was checking under qualifications tab on mTurk site). Looked at dashboard and bam! there it is. Working like a charm. Maybe try signing out, exiting browser, signing back in. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Margo

Margo Turker

Ratings:
    +197
    • Love Love x 1
  7. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    OMG I GOT IT BACK !!! TY TYTY

• Love Love x 1
  8. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I got a bit nostalgic tonight and thought I'd check my (very) old greasyfork page and saw that as recently as October people were downloading and trying to use my old QualSorter script. I did a google search and found that you forked the code and have been maintaining it.

Very cool to see this script is still alive and kicking, and very cool to see that someone has taken over the maintenance and keeps it updating and working for everyone.

I didn't have anything else to add, just made me happy to see that it's still out there helping turkers with their daily grind.

-DT

• Love Love x 2
  9. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I'm glad I can be a part of this good feeling it brought you. I learned a lot maintaining it and it's a very useful tool that needed to survive the site migration. We really appreciate what you created for the community.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    The script was taken down mistakenly for some time, but now it's reinstated. Sorry to anyone who couldn't install during that time.

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. sean

sean New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    which page?

12. OldTurkey

OldTurkey Turker

Ratings:
    +126
    Is this script still being maintained?
    It doesn't seem to be working on Firefox 102.0 on Ubuntu 20.04. It just sits there 'spinning'.

13. rathalos420

rathalos420 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    It works, it just takes a VERY long time to sync its database the first time. I let it run overnight.
    (also linux fistbump)

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldTurkey

OldTurkey Turker

Ratings:
    +126
    Thanks for the info! I've got a TON of quals. Mostly the exclusion ones, of course. At 20 per page of listing I gave up clicking, "next," at 250 pages.

I'm honestly getting a little tired of systemd and the 'corporatization' of most distros. Back when I first started running Mint for my 'daily driver' everything just worked. And worked well. Now...? Not so much.
    They've really abandoned the Linux philosophy of, "Do one thing and do it well," in favor of the, "all things to all users," approach. And systemd is just absolute proof of that. Sure, maybe your machine boots a few seconds faster but, these days, who cares? Any of my machines with SSDs in them boot so fast I hardly even notice it when I reboot them. And the configuration is a nightmare. You can't just edit a config file any more. Nope. That's too easy. Too obvious. Sheesh.
    Then there's LibreOffice that is... Well... I don't need a program intended for people who want to publish an encyclopedia on their desktop machine. I just want to write a damn letter! Maybe, just maybe, once a year I'll find a need to put an image in. They seriously want to be all things to all users. What's next? Is LibreOffice going to be a mail client, too?
    FreeBSD is starting to look a lot more attractive for my desktops, I swear.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rathalos420

rathalos420 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    I've been using Arch for about 5 years now for just that reason. You can have exactly the software you want and nothing else, and it also has all the software under the sun in the User Repository, so no more messing with PPAs or Flatpak or Snap. The installation process can be a bit daunting the first time, but I've found the system itself to be rock steady and very snappy on my old Thinkpads.

• LOL LOL x 1