Turking before PG&E shuts off power / question re HIT Exporter

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by TJet, Oct 26, 2019.

1. TJet

TJet Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Yep -- I'm one of the lucky ones. Sometime between 1 and 5 today power will be shut-off. Most likely overnight. Perhaps a day or two more. We'll see. So it'll be Monopoly by candlelight tonight at my house & hard boiled eggs for dinner.

In the meantime, trying to figure out the right way to use HIT Exporter. Been Turking since 10/5 and learning as I go. Looked elsewhere for tips, but not finding. Wanting to contribute but am striking out figuring out on my own.

Can anyone help?

FYI: I figured out how to make it pop-up (attached s-shot), but how do clicks work/and how to find when clicked?

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.55.41 AM.png

Thanks for looking

:emoji_kiss:

2. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Are you just trying to export hits to the daily thread from the main mturk page? If so, click on the TurkerView Forum button shown in your screenshot. If you have TVJS installed, there's also a little square with an arrow to the right of the hit title that'll automatically export to the forum, so you can always use that but be careful not to accidentally click on that and export a hit you don't really want to share with the world.

Or do you mean you want to export reviews of hits you've completed, ? To do that, you'll need to use TVJS. Click on the TurkerView button to the left of the search bar, then each hit will have an orange review button next to it. You can adjust your time, add a bonus if applicable, and leave any comments you want to share. Submit & export will then export your review to the daily thread. I'm pretty sure you have to have a certain number of reviews submitted before it'll actually allow you to export reviews, but it's not too many.

Hope the power come back quickly . Stay safe! :ba:

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. TJet

TJet Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Many thanks -- for your response & tips! I do have TVJS so when I'm approved to review it will be great to be able to use it.

So glad you pointed out "little square with an arrow to the right of the hit title ... but be careful not to accidentally click on that and export a hit you don't really want to share with the world" because I would def do that if you hadn't! So do those little square clicks go to the daily threads with the cute day names? If so, and I wanted to add a comment, do I then find it in DT to do so?

I think we're prepared when power goes out, and water too if pressure goes nil or they cut it.
    3 days of drinking water - check.
    2 dozen hard-boiled eggs - check.
    4 grocery bags full of comfort food (healthys/bakery stuff/junk) - check.
    Ice coolers & ice - check.
    Bathtub filled with water - check.
    Bucket nearby - check.
    Full tank of gas - check.
    Cat carrier in case of evac - check.
    Cat's whereabouts - check.

Now we just wait, and try to go on with normal activities -- haha.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    You can still review hits, it's just that they won't show up on the daily thread for a while. You won't want to export every review anyway, most folks only export reviews that are very high or low paying, from new requesters, or have notes or anything else that might be helpful for others to see. Start reviewing all your surveys (not batches), and it'll let you export soon enough. Even if the reviews don't get exported they're still helpful for folks looking up the requester/hit.

Yep, that's where they go. You'd just go to the most recent posts on the daily thread and then you can reply to your post to add a comment, in the same way you replied to my post above. If you know in advance you want to post about a hit with a comment, one thing you can do is just copy the export code and paste it into a post on the DT, then add your comment below the code before you hit post reply. Are you using a scraper like hit forker or MTS hit finder (you should be lol)? I'm not sure how it's set up in hit finder, but in forker you can click the little vB icon to the left of the hit name and that'll copy the code formatted correctly for the forum. Just try it out, especially on a weekend no one's gonna care if you experiment with an export or two - unless you're exporting lucrative batches for all to see :). The daily's also a great place to post in general, more people will see your post and be there to help out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. TJet

TJet Turker

Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you @purplepotato ! After 3+ days without power -- and cell service so bad it makes you wanna pull your hair out -- I am back online so really appreciate you taking the time to include details above.

My being w/o power is really minor when compared to my neighbors up north in Sonoma County... they and their animals, livestock, etc have been through hell. Hoping & praying for them all, a break in the high winds -- and of course the firefighters who are valiantly doing their best to fight to contain the Kincaid wildfire.

• Love Love x 1