10/26 - Whatchamacallit Saturday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Tripsa, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Also looks like @PeachyRider and @SAJ (I think you're an Astros fan too?) is having an much better sports day than me. Spartans were crap, Badgers were crap and now Wolverines win..... blargh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    Debbie [A1NP3T5YKXFLJU] Play a game with other people for 17min and get about 6 dollars (if you have done previous version, please do not attend) - $1.00 $0.60 bonus | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.03 / hour
    00:07:59 / completion time
    Pros:
    Potential bonus-requester claims up to $6
    Cons:
    You aren't going to get the full bonus unless you and your partner have a psychic link

Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) > 70;
    To read Debbie's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  3. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    rearranging my turking area, time to move the equipment. if it all falls on the floor and breaks, it's been awesome turking with you guys!

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  4. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Um
    Things that might work?

Device Manager -> check to make sure there's no extra installed monitors or display adapters
    Try installing the newest drivers?
    Use another utility like Persistent Windows or AMM which should(?) give you persistent position across power cycle.

I have all my hdmi displays running through an hdmi switch, and my display port displays plugged directly to graphics cards, so maybe windows is getting a keepalive from the switch, which is why I haven't run into the issue using mixed displayout issues?

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    For anybody that was stuck waiting in the Judith study Friday morning - trying to figure out if there is a way to REVIEW a returned HIT that was then bonused as compensation? After waiting for 20 mins for another participant, emailed requester and she sent over two different links to try to get into a study. I immediately responded to both, received errors and sent her back the errors. She quickly responded and sent:
    "Thank you for your email. There is a mistake in the link in the previous email, my apologies for that. I will make sure you receive the payment to compensate you for your time and effort."
    I then later received this:
    "You've received a bonus from Judith. The value of your bonus is: $6.80 USD"
    I don't think there is a way for me to review the requester with a returned HIT other than just let people here know what happened? I've tried it on old HIT's that took awhile to bonus and that didn't work... but wanted to at least give her a thumbs up for responsiveness and the bonus when things went sideways.

6. Masterbah

Masterbah Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +15,296
    Latest driver is installed for both monitors and GPU (although the main monitor says PnP generic) as determined by windows (asus doesn't have drivers for the VG27AQ). Tried uninstalling to reinstall it and nothing changed.

Persisten windows brings the windows back to were they were but doesn't prevent the shuffling. AMM does nothing.

And I don't know about the mixing of connections, as my second monitor is DP-DVI, so that might be it. Doesn't happen when I connect my main monitor via HDMI, but I lose the G-sync capability...

And this "feature" from windows seem to be a well known issue and I haven't found any help online (yet).

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    I'm back plus now I have pizza rolls

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 4
  8. Deluxe162

Deluxe162 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    Did you bring enough for everyone?

• Like Like x 1
  9. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    [​IMG]
    *shares*

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  10. Deluxe162

Deluxe162 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    My eyes have never beheld such beauty...

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. Deluxe162

Deluxe162 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    Imagine a bed with cheese designed sheets, pepperoni style blanket, and a pillowcase that looks like a pizza roll.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
  12. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,313
    So I have this $80 HIT in my queue. The instructions say that I have to rate 196 essays, and that if even one essay is missed or skipped the HIT might be rejected, but there are only 195 essays on the spreadsheet that I was linked to. Row one only has the column headings in it, no actual essay. Did anyone else catch this HIT? Does anyone actually have 196 essays? I wrote an email to the requester, of course, and am waiting for a reply. I'm just curious as to whether anyone else is seeing the same thing I am.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  13. PeachyRider

PeachyRider 777

Ratings:
    +57,061
    @SAJ is actually a hardcore Red Sox and Boston sports fan. I’m the Astros fan :, living in Houston. I’m glad they’ve tied the series now. Still two games to go.

sports... highs and lows and highs and lows

• Love Love x 1
  14. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    bloop did an hour and 38 minutes ago. unless there is a different $80 hit people are catching at night on a weekend. not going to tag bloop in case it isn't the same hit but you can.

15. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Thank you for your response. The HIT has a long timer, so this can wait until tomorrow. For my own peace of mind I think I would rather hear something back from the requester anyway. Do you know if bloop's submission was approved?

16. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    @Bloop please tell me I didn't wake you up!! also I have pizza rolls and am sharing. @joie de vivre caught the same hit as you and it isn't working or something.

• Love Love x 1
  17. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,673
    yanflye [A3S6UBQTZXMFBV] Answer a survey about perceptions of design elements - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $72.00 / hour
    00:00:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Short timer

Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98;
    To read yanflye's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Oliver Fisher [A1QHZ5ZWKP57A3] Short Survey(~ 3 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Generous

<24 hours

Unrated
    $30.00 / hour
    00:01:00 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Instant approval
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [60718274-177971] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 50; Location In US;
    To read Oliver Fisher's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    It's OK really, I can wait. I appreciate your efforts though. Thanks so much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. yolokindagirl

yolokindagirl Turker

Ratings:
    +43
    Wing yan Lau [AUAHO2XVL425S] Participate in an assessment tool development [PRESCREENER REQUIRED] (15-20 minutes)(~ 15 minutes) - $3.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $17.31 / hour
    00:10:24 / completion time
    Pros:
    Can be done faster. Good pay
    Cons:
    All bubbles, wordy questions

Qualifications: Exc: [5722172-178318] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
    To read Wing yan Lau's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.