10/31 - Halloween Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Girl Polar Bear, Oct 31, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
  2. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
  3. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080

OK so....I'm going to start with @Jr Young suggestions and give it a whirl. But I'm assuming I have to recruit friends? Or can I just jump into something online? Because I don't want to torch a campaign right off the bat with my learning curve.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    OK....so....campaign 1 is ********amazing********

Campaign 2 is a different group of heroes about a half century-ish after campaign one...it's still in progress.

Critical Role is a group of voice actors who are also good friends that have been playing D&D for years together...and Matt Mercer, the DM, is fucking amazing. That's not to say that the characters that the players put together aren't, because they really are...but yeah. You **could** just join in on campaign 2 and not be lost on anything story-wise....

Honestly it just depends on how much time you're willing to spend catching up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080

Matt sounds awesome. And this is all super cool. I think I may be a liability to the group right now so I guess I'll start by seeing how far I can get and then check back in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Granholm

John Granholm Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    MLDataLabeler [A3OO8KUVWDSZPV] Does this user want to book a hotel? - $0.01 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $ / hour
    00:00:02 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: ebf7f7a1-60a7-49e7-b06e-26a3c4bf10d8 DoesNotExist ; HCJCPTJJQPHFGURVYMHZ DoesNotExist ;
    To read MLDataLabeler's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    Uh, well gathering your friends into a cult. Errr. I mean group. Yes recruiting some friends would be your best bet honestly. You can find online games for sure, I actually play and DM for some friends through roll20 and discord but it can be kinda hit or miss. I got lucky and got a wonderful group of people.

And honestly diving into DMing yourself is in my opinion one of the best ways to learn the game, UNLESS. you have a friend who knows how to play and is also willing to DM. If that's not the case. Grab the DMG and the PHB and just read the core rules and get a feel for the game. There are a TON of resources you can find online about your first time running the game. There are great first timer starter campaigns you can pick up and play. One I recommend is Lost Mines of Phandelver (or someother name that I totally didn't butcher).

If you want a hand some time I can drop you my discord tag and help you through the rules of combat and such so you don't have to go it alone.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    I know I say you can start from campaign 2 and just go........

but campaign 1 is *****sooooo***** good....the characters are so amazing, etc....there's so much development, etc.

Campaign one starts here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT954bCkC062rKwXTvJtcqFB8i

(note that they started off just a bunch of folks playing D&D, and production quality grows from there)....

9. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    I haven't played a game in so long, and I really want to.....so really, if you and/or your friends have room for another PC, then by all means,

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    I totally agree with @TheNerdyAnarchist It is awesome!
    You can start at campaign 2 with no worries. The other one is always there to watch later

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    @Tripsa I'm calling the thread

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Awesome! It's a long winter out here and I have a group of friends that would totally do this but do not have anyone that knows how to DM - (honestly I started a FF league AND March Madness and had no idea what I was doing 5 years ago) - was thinking about trying a first time starter campaign based on your suggestions. Already googling "Lost Mines of Phandlver"

13. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    We just started up 2 different games and I'm in the middle of DMing one. Once mine is finished I plan on dropping one or quite possibly two of the players. When I get ready to set up my next one I'll hit you up.

• Love Love x 1
  14. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    OK. Hopefully I will be up to speed by that time!

• Love Love x 1
  15. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    lmao it will be a few months. Unless of course they don't TPK themselves...*crosses fingers*

• LOL LOL x 1
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Friday in the Dungeon?

17. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    @IcyTundra @TheNerdyAnarchist Rhyse#8734 my friends and some others I know through a gaming channel sometimes set up one shots, sometimes with pathfinder too. Depends on who really. But if someone posts one I'll let you know so you can maybe hop in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    @Tripsa I lied...can't think of anything good for the new thread

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  19. Jr Young

Jr Young Active Turker

Ratings:
    +499
    Not so spooky Friday
    Fall Friday
    Frightless Friday

• Love Love x 1
  20. TheNerdyAnarchist

Ratings:
    +4,680
    well..considering I was thinking saturday for some reason I guess that's even more reason I shouldn't have made the new thread

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.