11/18 - Miserable Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Mothra, Nov 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Still stick to it. It's per account, not per device. Your account can only hit mturk so much, whether one computer or five.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    Michael Rosenblum [A2RXPJ9ELJT03F] Survey About Your Opinions(~ 25 minutes) - $2.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.38 / hour
    00:12:07 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Several pages with bubbles, several with bars, and several more pages of bubbles.

Qualifications: Exc: [5013327-182318] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;
    To read Michael Rosenblum's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. WelcomeToFrightNight

WelcomeToFrightNight Active Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    That whole last paragraph you wrote is where my head starts to cave in on itself. I know if I saw scripts in action I'd be like "oh, okay, simple", but the cold text of trying to understand scripts might as well be some alien language which is combo of Mandarin and Trigonometry

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    There is hundreds of millions of dollars at stake. They're being marketed to 24/7/365 and no one is divulging that it's marketing but they're all happily taking larger pieces of the funding pie while making academics feel good about us getting less of it..

Look, I'm not trying to poop on an entire field any more than my "field" just got pooped on.. but there are some marketing depos out there proving you can be super freaking educated and lack a hair of common sense.

Yes, on MTurk, if they behave ethically everything is kosher. But they're often conflating big bag Palantir supporting Bezos anti-union busting Amazon with teeny tiny 3 people and a can of gumption MTurk and not even considering that we exist under that umbrella largely through dumb luck they picked MTurk instead of Swagbucks 10 years ago.

Without someone/thing to tell them "hey, please turn on your brains and THINK about this" they're just eating these stories up and being herded off into the sunset.

• Love Love x 3
  5. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    Hasn't happened to me yet and I insult CT and TPG like it's an olympic sport. I think you're safe. lmao

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. Tracy Wethington

Tracy Wethington The Bone Crusher

Ratings:
    +22,085
    That's what I thought but I didn't want to give wrong info. Thanks!

• Love Love x 1
  7. turks24

turks24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +13,777
    For people like you I would fudge the resume honestly. List VRAPI or some other regular qual that you have and work that into something about freelancing. You can explain it in an interview and make it sound much more legitimate than listing mturk as well as positioning any of the numerous skills you've developed into some pertinent for the job you want.

Someone who does freelance web design or something similar is going to make that the focus of their resume and getting the majority of their work from upwork.com or whatever other platform is mostly irrelevant.

• Love Love x 1
  8. Hatticus

Hatticus Grinch

Ratings:
    +15,999
    Check out youtube. There are some helpful videos about scripts. Although that was a year ago, but it's worth a shot.

9. lilmsmisses

lilmsmisses Active Turker

Ratings:
    +325

I tried to have only a few... Didn't work for me. #NoThanks

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    I mean I don't even have to try and case in point:
    upload_2019-11-18_20-38-33.png

• WOW WOW x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. Tracy Wethington

Ratings:
    +22,085
    OK say you're trying to catch 50 hits. panda is trying to catch each individual hit one right after another. Panda 1 then the next second panda 2 and panda 1 is being ignored til it's panda 1's turn again. So if you have 50 pandas running, each hit is only being looked for every 50 seconds.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Katlady

Katlady Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,207
    I had no idea about that function of TV until recently - the bonus tracker -, and it was the best thing ever.
    I was logging some of the larger ones on a spreadsheet, but then I came across that bonus tracker, and everything about it so much better than sticking them on the spreadsheet.
    And I finally understood the reviews that would have only a penny for a bonus - it was for bonuses of unknown value.
    AND the built in nice letter to the requester about unpaid bonuses like, yo give me my money, but in a slightly more professional way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  13. complexity0

complexity0 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +336
    I've been working since 3 this morning almost consistently. I've had tons of hits on panda (3-5 at a time), caught about 5 percent of them. But I cracked $60 dollars which is a lot of money from my financial stand point and lack of ability to leave the household due to anxiety. I can imagine most people aren't capable of staring at a computer for that long to get there. -shrugs-

• WOW WOW x 1
  14. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  15. WelcomeToFrightNight

Ratings:
    +132
    Yes, I do get that on some level, but I think I've been playing" law of averages" in a way, that is to say, grabbing something, is better than grabbing nothing, like hovering around waiting for the same bunch of HITs which everyone has PANDA'D will reap no reward?, I dunno, tis a learning curve and I know everyone has to find their individual groove and I in no way expect hand-holding, I think I am just flummoxed as to how to make these things work for me on a very BASIC level.

16. WelcomeToFrightNight

Ratings:
    +132
    How many do you PANDA? 100?:emoji_grin:

17. Penelope

Penelope Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,684
    Kristina Jessen Hansen [A3SED8KP6VVDN2] Survey about different issues(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.30 / hour
    00:04:26 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [-1598946276-181247] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location In US;
    To read Kristina Jessen Hansen's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. turks24

turks24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +13,777
    Amazon has carry over losses from years of unprofitability. I mean if you want to debate corporate tax policy there's certainly a lot there to delve into but I don't think most people have a problem with the concept of carry over loses.

Far too many educated people spouting off about shit they're smart enough to realize they know nothing about, but hey look that's a big number.

(obviously "you" here isn't directed at you, @ChrisTurk)

• LOL LOL x 1
  19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    @tricker see I'm not the only one :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 2
  20. Tracy Wethington

Ratings:
    +22,085
    One never knows with you though...and I do mean YOU you...:emoji_joy: