has anyone ever heard of the discord app?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by Shelby Russ, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Shelby Russ

Shelby Russ New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    I just thought I would leave this here as a suggestion. But Discord is a free messaging / VOIP app that could be beneficial to hang out with your fellow turkers on? I know about it from PC gaming circles, but it's applications far exceed just gaming communities. Just trying to help out! The sheer amount of useful information here is killer!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    I've heard of it but never used it. I don't personally like voice chat stuff; social anxiety and all. For messaging, irc has worked well for me so far. Others might find it useful though. Glad you're liking the forum so far :)

3. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    I've used Discord in the past and would be open to join a TurkerHub channel

4. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Discord is pretty good, although I found it annoying at times while I was using it. Sometimes simplicity is good..
    From my understanding the majority of turkers that use chat clients outside of forums have already landed themselves on IRC channels or Facebook groups. That's not to say you couldn't get turkerhub to hop on a discord though, but for example the mturk subreddit has had their own IRC channel for as long as I can remember.

5. ThatsDrLurkerTY

ThatsDrLurkerTY New Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    There is one for the mturkmembers facebook group. Only a few of us actually use it, though. I am surprised that the people here don't have a chat room of some sort, considering how quickly the daily threads move.

6. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    There are like 3-4 of us who hang out in #TurkerHub on Snoonet, but for the most part I don't see much reason for a separate chat room tbh. It just splits the userbase in kind of a weird/arbitrary way. Personally I enjoy the daily thread as a kind of 'chat room' type atmosphere, its just a matter of perfecting the tools that enable folks who dislike that atmosphere to feel comfortable with it all on that one thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    im with chris ....discord got on my nerves and i only got like one left i need it lol jk i tried it on another one of our lovely forums and it just didnt seem logical , in addition to the games i play online discord found them and i was getting blown out of the sky with notifications from creepier than me earth people...no thanks...

• LOL LOL x 1