12/04 Wolfman Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Mothra, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I have found this to be true. I usually just run their free thingy and don't install it. Because I learned the hard way.

2. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    I could talk computer stuff all day, or give you advice on how to fix a mower, or frame a home, fix a car, or diagnose AC/furnace problems. My dad comes with a family of business people, my mom a bunch of hillbillies. I got the skills of both sides. Do-er of all, master of none. lol

• Love Love x 3
  3. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Love this. I'm proud that my Dad taught me to change a tire in the suburbs of Detroit (came in handy as none of my friends could when we were broke down on the freeway) - and my husband's family are North Woods Michigan and Central US hillbillies so we have chainsaw fixing and house framing covered (also rural medicine - do you need stitches? Dental floss works, unfortunately I've seen it.)

My Dad though programmed in Cobol in the 70's and 80's so after he retired and everything switched to desktop he regularly calls my brother and I to fix stuff. (He gets logged out of his AOL fantasy football account every week :) )

I may hit you up though if our furnace breaks down....

Thanks again for the advice. Random skills are useful!

• Love Love x 1
  4. Rin

Rin Thread Destroyer TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +451
    PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] Take a 1-question survey (US-based) - $0.07 | PANDA

Underpaid

<24 hours

Unrated
    $1.52 / hour
    00:02:46 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;
    To read PickFu's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Sharon Tan [A29DHXNXQ42PO] Investigating Consumer Decision-Making - $0.60 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.55 / hour
    00:05:30 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Sharon Tan's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] Take a 1-question survey (US-based) - $0.08 | PANDA

Underpaid

<24 hours

Unrated
    $1.60 / hour
    00:03:00 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;
    To read PickFu's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    These are rare skills in today's world. I cannot tell you how many of my friends cannot change a tire. Simple problem solving skills are apparently far and few between and it's sad. My wife has no idea how to do anything. I probably didnt help that since I've turned myself into a crutch, but before me, it was her dad that she would call for everything. I love fixing things and figuring out how they work. It's the instant gratification you get when you blow a head gasket on a motor, and then take it all apart, but it back together and bam, starts right back up again. I'm a landlord as my side husstle. With all of the problems I have had over the years, I would be making no money if I paid to have the work done. If I do need work done, its because I dont know how to do it, and you can be your ass I sit there while they fix it(with thier permission of course) and watch what they do so I never have to call them again. I'm a learn something once and that's it kinda person.

My dad has always been in business. My mom however was a computer programmer until I was about 11 or so when she got breast cancer. How she manages to get literally give up control of her computer to a HP Support technician(not a real one, but somebody who reached out to her on facebook after she posted on the wall looking for help), is beyond me. Both of my parents are incredibly smart, but so helpless when it comes to technology. lol. The amount of technology pickles I've gotten both my parents out of over the years is too many to count. Needless to say, I have them call me now for any issues, although my dad, being like me, is stubborn and would rather mess up before asking for help. lol.

• Love Love x 3
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  8. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    I love to help people fix stuff since I get to learn, and they get to pay for the parts. :)

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Listen to a edm-dance song and answer a survey about it. - $0.13 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.99 / hour
    00:01:07 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Likes EDM / Dance Music >= 1; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read AudioKite's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Jun Ok Jeong [A2D2KMSWIET4LB] Online survey for high-tech product attributes. - $0.20 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.00 / hour
    00:01:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Jun Ok Jeong's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. moonshay76

moonshay76 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,279
    Good Morning Does anybody know where I can find some sleep? I seem to have lost mine lol

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Colleen Harmeling [A37LEGL5C0HBM3] 5 Minute Survey(~ 5 minutes) - $0.25 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $4.07 / hour
    00:03:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [186010-185421] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 51; Location In US;
    To read Colleen Harmeling's full profile check out TurkerView!

13. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    You too, huh?

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
  14. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Nicole D. [AFBQ5L5SNS943] Denver residents ONLY: Survey about Driving Habits (~6 mins) - $0.60 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.54 / hour
    00:04:13 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Location EqualTo US-CO; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98;
    To read Nicole D.'s full profile check out TurkerView!

15. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Being a test tube baby was tough.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Aside from the basic skills that our parents used to pass down, there is such a HUGE lack of kids going into skilled trades (particularly plumbing, HVAC, welding, tiling, etc.)(***heads-up anybody that has teens on this forum - these trades are paying big bucks now...) that people are usually shocked when they move up to the North East and get a quote from my husband because we only have one reputable tiler or plumber, etc. In a lot of cases people are retiring and there are no highly skilled trades people to fill the void.

I spend a couple weeks in the summer in the north woods of Wisconsin with my brother's family who lives in Ohio and I was so psyched to see that his family had dragged a broken boat up there last summer and he spent the first week with the kids taking apart motors (5th grade girl, 9th grade boy) - putting motors back together and just working on it as a family project. Boat was up and running after a few days and was awesome. Not everyone's ideal vacation but they were so proud and had so much fun on the water and kids got to break down a motor multiple times :)

As a landlord I'm sure you have to deal with a million issues and contractors.

For sure my brother and I have my Dad call us - we still laugh and talk about the first time (early 90's) when he fired up Windows and they had a Lion on the main screen and he left us shouting messages "IT'S THE DAMN LION AGAIN" ...

... that said I can hack into his AOL accounts and set his lines-ups but am semi-hopeless what to do for my own PC security and back-up. So thanks again for that advice.

• Love Love x 1
  17. maxfro

maxfro Active Turker

Ratings:
    +294
    It is actually originally from a cover album she did in 2000! Which I mention not to be all UM ACTUALLY but because if you will probably love it. I adore Cat Power; This Is Free will probably be in my top ten albums until the end of time.

• Love Love x 2
  18. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I wish there was an "ACK" button

19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    40 years ago TODAY (according to Time Magazine) the first test tube baby was born! Happy birthday!

• LOL LOL x 1
  20. Rin

Ratings:
    +451
    Julia N Coff [AXOKC4UJKMZVV] Provide Impressions of a Potential Colleague - $1.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.84 / hour
    00:05:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Employment Status: Unemployed EqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Julia N Coff's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.