[Guide] Globally Blacklisting Scripts From Running on MTurk's Bank Account Management Pages

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by ChrisTurk, Dec 16, 2019.

1. kimadagem

kimadagem Turker

Ratings:
    +69
    Thank you. I don't plan on setting up a payment schedule until after the 1st (I want to finish out this year with my usual schedule, which I can't get with the new system) but I went ahead and changed Tampermonkey, in both Chrome & Waterfox. I didn't understand Step 1 here for Chrome but I have a Tampermonkey icon in my bookmarks toolbar so I just opened it from that. Then I went to Settings, changed Config Mode to Advanced, and scrolled down to Security, and the Blacklist box was right there, in the same place in both browsers.

I didn't tell Tampermonkey to put that icon there; it just did it when I installed it, so I'm thinking others might have the icon too, and if they do it will be easy to find it and open it. I wanted to pass this along in case it helps anyone.

Thank you again Chris for this reminder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. LaVette

LaVette New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    By blacklisting the two links, does that rule apply to every script listed within Tampermonkey's dashboard?

3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Yes, it's a global blacklist that will prevent any userscript you install in TM from running on those pages.

You can actually blacklist any website you don't want a script running on (again, from within TM, this doesn't apply to extensions/etc), but most of the time there isn't much point unless you have a reasonable concern they might be targeted.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  4. Anna_Morphic

Anna_Morphic Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Desertdenizen

Desertdenizen New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks a million, it'd taken me hours to researh how to do this on my own. Much appreciated!

• Love Love x 1
  6. Memnoch

Memnoch New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you so much! It's cool that it can globally block pages in case of adding other scripts - that's some overall added security.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heat Mixer

Heat Mixer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,990
    Thanks @ChrisTurk ; makes me feel better about the new system. I set it up for weekly on Thursdays so just did this today.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Granny

Granny New Turker

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you so much Chris!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brone

Brone Active Turker

Ratings:
    +440
    I would have never thought of this. I also added my bank accounts' websites to the global list, wells fargo and capital one

actually now that I think about it, I should probably add some other pages, like the robinhood website, and coinbase, among others

• Love Love x 1
  10. Red

Red Turker

Ratings:
    +55
    Thank you

• Love Love x 1
  11. HaloKittie

HaloKittie New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks!!

• Love Love x 1
  12. Raju Kumar

Raju Kumar New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    someone tell me how to use ,recently i created mturk id .i hve no idea to use it. tampermonkey and how to enable for add account

13. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  14. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    As with anything on the web, if something is hackable, someone will hack it, even if just to show that they can. The rest of us wouldn't have thought of. this. I hope my bank account page at Paypal has that kind of insurance.

15. Rook

Rook Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I added these to the global settings. Last night I restarted my computer. When I logged on this morning I noticed TV completely missing in my dashboard. Then I found in the settings for TV a user excludes for worker.mturk.com. Any idea how this happened? These global excludes are still there. I didn't set anything else that I know of, could I have done something accidentally? I removed the user exclude and it works fine now but I'm lost as to how it got there.

16. Jinja

Jinja New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing that Mx. TamperMonkey feels very strongly about that strip. I mean, xe's not wrong.

17. Justin Case

Justin Case New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    ChrisTurk- Thank you for your service to to your users!

• Like Like x 1
  18. armercado

armercado New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I am quite new to scripting and have learned a bit from your site. Thank you! My question is the about the code you tell us to copy:

Code:
    https://*.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
    https://*.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

Do we need to edit it or leave as is? I ask because in the screen shot you provide for the example shows the "worker" in place of the first " * ":

Code:
    https://worker.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
    https://worker.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

I appreciate any help on this.

19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Either is fine. * is just a "wild card" which means it'll match "worker.mturk" or "hello.mturk" so it's a little more flexible in case they ever change the subdomain.

• Like Like x 1
  20. armercado

armercado New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!