Pushbullet token

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Jenu, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Jenu

Jenu Turker

Ratings:
    +90
    In HIT Finder / Settings / Alerts, what does "Pushbullet token" mean, what is it used for and how is it used?
    I admit that after a year of practice Mturk I could not understand this box at all !

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Pushbullet(https://www.pushbullet.com/) can send alerts across devices and has a couple other nifty features. If you want to use Pushbullet with MTS Hitfinder you'll need to generate a token in Pushbullet to give to MTS. You'll also need to have Pushbullet installed on the devices you want to use(so for most use cases the computer running MTS and your phone).

It's really handy for getting alerts to your phone if a really good batch pops up or a requester you don't want to miss. In your include list, in "Edit Include List Item" you can check a box to have it send a Pushbullet alert.

3. Jenu

Jenu Turker

Ratings:
    +90
    Thanks for the explanations. Nowhere did I find a better exposition on this subject.
    However:
    I think for me this Pushbullet is useless, because the "pushbullet" box that contains "includes list match found" appears with a delay of 2-3 seconds compared to the moment of listing the hit on the screen, and until I click on the "Accept" button , the hit is already taken by other participants. If I try to give "Preview" even though I have no chance to catch it! I think this "Pushbullet" is useful only to those who have special interception devices, which instantly grab the hit when the pushbullet appears on the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Beyond that I think a valid use case for it would be batch work when you're around the house, but don't want to be tied to the computer. Or something you know you're going to want to set up a panda for, but also don't want to be around the computer. It's definitely not going to help you catch anything if you're actively turking, but it can be nice for if you're nearby and there's stuff you definitely don't want to miss.

For instance Alegion used to post batches that would be up for 15-45 minutes as people worked through them. It is handy for things like that. Basically an oh shit a better get to the computer alert. :emoji_joy: