01/31 - Finishing Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperkilljoy

hyperkilljoy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +216
    Title: A health coach presentation and assessment | PANDA
    Requester: RealCME [A2H9OHYKG3HEMT]
    TurkerView: [ $28.58 / hour ]
    Description: For this HIT, qualified workers will complete a 15 to 30 minute coaching activity about their health. Please enter the code provided at the end of the survey to submit.
    Duration: 180 Min
    Available: 1
    Reward: $3.00
    Qualifications:
    • Health discussion screening survey GreaterThanOrEqualTo 70,
    • Health presentation participant DoesNotExist
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [3SYNYPC5J9TGLMG6CSGP64GJ16GHYC]

2. hyperkilljoy

hyperkilljoy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +216
  3. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    I respect their privacy and totally understand the people who don't want to share their side of the story, but I am internally begging for the GSK's family to feel comfortable discussing what their life has been like with him. There are rumors that he was a stereotypical angry old man and even threatened to (and suspected to) kill a neighbor's dog, so it would be even more interesting to hear the "...yeah we're not surprised at all but seriously wtf?" side.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] Guess a number for linguistic research! [Task ID: "BASICS", don't take this HIT if you've done a "BASICS" HIT this week] - $5.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $63.83 / hour
    00:04:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Fantastic hourly
    Cons:
    Built in AC's

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 8 hours ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Edinburgh Language Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA Active Turker

Ratings:
    +850
    Understand you completely. So you win a prize. :)

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +878
  7. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Yes! I think there was ample evidence GSK was a man with some anger issues, but that doesn't make someone a serial killer. So, is there MORE that we don't know about? It's going to take years to get him to trial, which to me is almost asinine with all the dna evidence, so it's going to be a long time before anything comes out. And the family won't speak until the trial is over to not bias the trial I bet. I want to know what this person was like for all the decades since he stopped raping and murdering. I want to know what makes someone stop. So maybe we can use that knowledge to help make it less likely some will start? If that makes sense? I need to actually read more about what BTK's daughter has written. I think I've read it all, she's been pretty open. And the daughter of the Happy Face Killer has been open, too.

Now, this next think takes it to a new level. Karla Homolka is out of jail, remarried, has kids...once they are grown up I want to hear from THEM to know that their mom was involved in such horrific crimes. Obviously I hope they're ok, and well balanced, and would NEVER want them to talk unless they wanted to, but if they did...I'd be all over reading their account/watching interviews, etc. When I read the recent thing about her being banned from volunteering at her kids' school once it came out who she is I started thinking about what it must be like for those kids.

• Love Love x 1
  8. Rin

Rin Thread Destroyer TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +451
    Behavioral Economics University of Goettingen [A1AC1BTIMTFPZL] Task on Human Decision Making (with bonus) - $1.20 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.89 / hour
    00:10:27 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    I guess I'm just an idiot, the "main" part of the task is gated by about 8 different comprehension questions. I felt they were worded oddly, I usually have no problems with this but you get 2 attempts and out. Hopefully you do better than I did.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; You already participated in this HIT DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; Location EqualTo US;

To read Behavioral Economics University of Goettingen's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Rin

Rin Thread Destroyer TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +451
    James Billings [A3VTXG9MRA65HP] Market Research Survey - $0.01 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $0.09 / hour
    00:06:25 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 3 seconds ago)
    Qualifications:

To read James Billings's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. EinherjarV

EinherjarV Active Turker

Ratings:
    +628
  11. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    Young George Burns! He was so handsome.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  12. tsusoup

tsusoup Active Turker

Ratings:
    +209
    Title: Qual for: Look at an edited image and describe why it was edited | PANDA
    Requester: xlab research [A3IN1JY2L1NKWL]
    TurkerView: [ $19.40 / hour ]
    Description: Look at an edited image and describe the impact of the edit! Interesting! NOTE: This is the qualification HIT.
    Duration: 180 Min
    Available: 0
    Reward: $0.82
    Qualifications:
    • fakeimg-qual DoesNotExist
    • Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US,
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000,
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98,
    [38VQ1AW9T6MOQFPC29IRDCM74KR26K]

13. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Oh thank goodness, she was finally banned? When I read she was volunteering at schools, I was like ? ? ? ?
    Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in second chances, but I also totally believe that there's a level of fuckedupness you don't come back from, it's probably some actual defect they're born with, and obviously murder is one of those things (duh).

GSK was one of my "favorite" (always such a weird way to phrase that) cases to follow. When they started digging into his life post-crime, I think he and his wife were separated since the 90s (and she's an attorney? divorce attorney? but only separated, not divorced?) and he was the one living with his daughters, and his granddaughter? Like, just wow? iirc, his crimes largely stopped after the first daughter was born, then he had that quick burst before the second was born, then stopped altogether with the third. I suppose it's one thing to have some special awakening and need to protect your family, or the fact that they were all daughters, but going back to that innate defect, did he shift into something else? Or just, what the what? There's so many layers to that case itself, let alone the person behind it. Fortunately, he's for sure dying behind bars, but unfortunately probably even before his trial ends, and he's definitely not talking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
  15. ejrt

ejrt Turker

Ratings:
    +18
    Title: Survey on chrome extension page | PANDA
    Requester: Shahyaan Adil [A1SJ7D1UPIR1HS]
    TurkerView: [ $4.08 / hour ]
    Description: This survey HIT is about your feelings for a chrome extension page.
    Duration: 60 Min
    Reward: $0.50
    Qualifications:
    • completed_tg_extension_feelings_survey DoesNotExist
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000,
    • Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 5000,
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90,
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [30VZHLSOYWG9GT3VY96AEQFI8JDH9C]

16. ejrt

ejrt Turker

Ratings:
    +18
    Title: Weber State Sociology Survey | PANDA
    Requester: RC Morris [ACZHCV0UW44CX]
    TurkerView: [ $17.56 / hour ]
    Description: You are invited to participate in a research study of several sociological topics including values, religion, race, sexual assault, suicide, justice and politics. Please read the consent script on the first page carefully before beginning.
    Duration: 60 Min
    Reward: $2.34
    Qualifications:
    • Masters Exists
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500,
    • COMPLETED Weber State Survey already DoesNotExist
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98,
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [31QOF9ABMR5CVX21GNW1D43UL56L1V]

17. botshoot

botshoot Active Turker

Ratings:
    +153
    Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [A3FQ9QUDYSJD17] Economic Preferences(~ 15 minutes) - $2.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.15 / hour
    00:07:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 3 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [193831515-194826] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. afallstarxfall

Ratings:
    +878
    Title: Answer questions about messages in a hotel. | PANDA
    Requester: Psychology [A2HQNKBH213BJE]
    TurkerView: [ $9.38 / hour ]
    Description: Give us your opinion about our two messages that we present in a hotel scenario.
    Duration: 25 Min
    Available: 54
    Reward: $0.40
    Qualifications:
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500,
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98,
    • Location EqualTo US,
    [31QOF9ABLNBQ2X8481I8XX2AT5Y1L4]

19. tricker

tricker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,571
    I need to get more up to speed on the GSK timeline. I was obsessed with the case, too, and was in the middle of reading Michelle's book when he was caught (which I then have never finished!) I have no clue what would have stopped him. First I want to know if he's a psychopath. Not all killers are psychopaths, not all psychopaths are killers. But ALL psychopaths have a very different emotional affect than you or I would (you're not a psychopath, right? lol...) which means a growing affection for his family wouldn't affect him at all as the affection wouldn't be like what you or I feel. (That sentence has too many affect words in it.) I'm not even sure Ted Bundy is a psycopath. I've thought about sitting down and applying the Hare scale to him and seeing what he would score from my super amateur perspective. He was a necrophiliac, a sadist, he had issues...but a psychopath? I'm not totally sure from a CLINICAL perspective (not the common way we throw that word around).

And GSK? One trait of a psychopath is superficial charm that makes them fly under the radar. GSK doesn't seem to be all that charming. He could just be a horrid human, a waste of breath, a killer, and not a psychopath. But he also could be. I need more info that the photos that come out of him shuffling his way into court, lol.

Karla Holmolka? I don't even need to sit down with the Hare scale. She's hardcore psychopath. She should never have been let out of jail. She wouldn't have received the deal she did to testify against Paul if they had those tapes ahead of time proving she was not a battered wife. By the time they found them, it was too late. She's a menace. Do I think she'll kill again? Probably not. She would not have killed in the first place without Bernardo. But would she if she found another Bernardo? Sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    My sons work accidentally deposited $3000 in his bank account today. Of course they also sent him an email saying not to spend it they where going to reverse it. But not sure if they can do that.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.