[Browser Extension] MTurk Suite

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Lindazzz, Feb 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I had to reinstall my Chrome program, keeping my profile, and now the "Find Hits" green button on HitFinder doesn't work. If I reinstall the Suite, will I lose all my settings and tweaks? Or are those settings protected in my Profile?

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    You can import and export you hit history, your block and include lists, etc. So I would definitely do that before I reinstalled. I'm guessing you'll have to change your settings back to the way you had them, but I'm not 100% on that. Maybe take some screenshots just in case so you know how you had everything. I haven't had to reinstall MTS before so :dunno: hope that helps a little.

3. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I have to back up a little, because it's so long since I originally installed MTS. The file is mturk-suite-master.zip. Do I install it into one of the Chrome program folders, or into my profile, and if so, where?

And I don't know where the history, blocked and included files are. I use Chrome only for Mturk, and the folders are a mystery to me. (as opposed to Firefox, which I've been using since v.1.)

And it still says "80.0.3987.116" in my program folder, although it says "68" in Chrome's settings.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  4. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    You should just be able to install it from the Chrome web store.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mturk-suite/iglbakfobmoijpbigmlfklckogbefnlf?hl=en-US

They are in the individual parts, so for instance in Hit Tracker

upload_2020-2-21_15-43-15.png

There are similar buttons in Hit Finder.

5. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    OK, I installed the new copy of MTS and lost all my settings. I don't see any Import or Export buttons on HF and HC, only on Tracker. What file in my profile should I point "Import" at?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  6. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hopefully you exported before you installed..... If so then, then the just whatever files you exported so it'll be something like HIT_Tracker_Backup_(some numbers).json

The import export buttons in finder can be found after you click block list or include list their down at the bottom of the list.

upload_2020-2-21_18-50-38.png

It sounds like you might have jumped the gun though. I don't know if you can recover this after you reinstalled. I'm tagging @Kadauchi he checks in here and is the one who wrote MTS so hopefully he can tell you more definitively. Like I said I've never needed to reinstall so....

7. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    No, I didn't export, but I never use Tracker and I didn't have a "block" list or "include" list. So I
    think I'm OK. While I wan't looking, Chrome updated itself to v. 80, so I'm back where I was 4 days ago. I have a little script that turns visited hits red in Finder, and it doesn't work on Chrome 80. That's all I needed to know what hits I've done. I'm not going to bother reinstalling Chrome 68, but I would like to get that script working again.

It's actually a bookmark called
    `beforeend`, `<style>a:visited {color: #B22222 !important;}</style>`);
    I click it when I fire up Finder, and visited hits turn red.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  8. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I gotcha. I'm guessing the Chrome update broke something with how it functions. I'm not going to be much help there though. It's not obvious to me how that bookmark would work.

If it was something that you got from somewhere else you could try digging around on Greasy Fork and see if there's something similar or an update to what you have:
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/by-site/mturk.com

If it's something you wrote you could check the console when you click the bookmark and see what errors it throws and try to figure out whats going wrong. That would also be helpful to post if you followup with what I wrote in the next paragraph.

You may want to make a post over in the scripts section and see if anyone knows anything. You could also mention that you made that post in the daily since not everyone checks the other forum sections. Hopefully somebody should be able to help you out.

9. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I didn't write it, I don't write code, but got it from a member of one of the other forums, I think MTCrowd, a few years ago. Don't remember where he got it from, but it wasn't GreasyFork.

I'll see what I can do. I hate Chrome, and use it only for Mturk. :-(

Many thanks. is this forum new? I don't remember seeing it till recently.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    No it's been here since 2016. I've only been around the last year and a half though. Mturk Crowd is still around so it might be worth asking around over there as well.

Best of luck and hope you get it working again.

11. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Kadauchi took care of this on the other thread.

=====================================================
    New issue, but not really new. MTS doesn't announce every new hit in my queue. It's haphazard. I have a script called "Refresh queue till there's work," but that works on and off also. If I refresh the page manually, then I find hits sitting there with the timer running down. Doing that is impractical.

12. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    This is likely because of the Text-to-Speech engine failing in the browser (long standing issue with MTS and other TTS stuff). I haven't gotten to HC in the v3 rewrite yet but I'll be looking into this issue when I do. At the minimum, there will be other sounds you can choose to use that won't ever fail.

13. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,515
    What is going to happen to the crowd-sourcing world when you get tired of fixing shit for free?

14. Lindazzz

Lindazzz Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks, Kadauchi. I'm not sold on text-speech, after using it on various devices. Any sound is fine by me, as long as it's reliable.

@Jim7198181--we will all dress in black and mourn for years. We'll all go back to conventional jobs where our boss is a know-it-all 40 years younger than us.

I worked for MTurk briefly just after they started. (Was it 10 or 15 years ago?) There were no scripts. I made $88 in a year and quit.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  15. Edgeoftheworld

Edgeoftheworld Turker

Ratings:
    +66
    I got a new computer and I'm trying to export my history over. I can't get the export to work, my history is large (900000 hits and 6ish years) and it keeps crashing chrome when I try to run it saying snap memory error. Is there anyway to export it in smaller segments? thx

16. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Give me until Wednesday and I'll have something for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
  18. Edgeoftheworld

Edgeoftheworld Turker

Ratings:
    +66
    Thank you @Kadauchi - that fix worked perfectly.