07/27 - Mind Games Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
  2. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
  3. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    you know its been a shit week when #1 im on there, twice. #2 both are about my near death experience lol

we all need a better week this week

• Love Love x 6
  4. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Chime and Amazon post my weekend earnings, Discover can pull my payment, but MO UI can send an automatic "You don't qualify" and fark me out of $1800.

I don't really wanna take my irritation out on the poor kids working in the call center, bur JFC...a gov't agency needs better IT.

• Love Love x 1
  5. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Same. I didn't post and tag you because I figured you had enough going on without yet another "Thoughts and Prayers" notification. How ya feeling bud?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I just spent half the night trying to unsuccessfully replace a broken phone on Verizon. I wasn't even trying to use insurance or anything - I was trying to BUY a new phone.

Has anyone else had this monumental of a negative experience recently just trying to upgrade a phone? I've had fraud alerts go to my cc's and their site repeatedly crashes (no other sites are crashing for me).

We've had Verizon for a zillion years but their current payment system is thoroughly broken and when you get to the payment page it just looks scammy as heck.

Customer service people are saying they are hearing that (it looks scammy) - all the time (?!?!?). I actually had a different computer running to make sure I wasn't charged 5 times and because I kept getting fraud alerts from my credit card.

And.... I still have a broken phone and no new phone on the way. They said the people that can help me will call me at 8 am.

WHO IS AWAKE AT 8 AM?!?!? :)

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    thats the main issue right now. you are getting the night shift and most have no idea what they are doing sadly. i ALWAYS wait until prime hours to do anything of that nature cause otherwise its just futile and youll just be hitting your head against a wall over and over

• Love Love x 1
  8. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I hear ya - although sometimes I have good luck with bored, competent night workers. I had one tonight - muuuuuch earlier and he had everything queued up and then blammo site crashed. And then crashed again. He eventually changed shifts and I have to start from semi-scratch.

I have order number, all that stuff - just need the person on the other end to put it through. It's hella frustrating when you know that if they say two day shipping it's probably going to be 5 or more.

10. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Also - how are you feeling? You okay?

11. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    im betterish, cant say "okay" by any means. im sitting doing a 2x breathing treatment cause i woke up a bit ago and shot my inhaler a few times but i was still having semi hitching issues. its better now but ugh, these night breathing issues are getting old now. and i still got least 3 weeks to go minimally before surgery

• Love Love x 8
  12. BenSolo

BenSolo Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Yes, I changed service providers recently and they convinced me it would be so much better once I switched. My plan was to upgrade my iPhone to the latest model at the same time I switched. After I'm in the store for about 3 hours going through the process and finally get it switched he suddenly tells me that I can't upgrade my phone for six months even if I were to pay cash because of "fraud" prevention. It's the stupidest thing ever, I'm so pissed at AT&T, they tricked me into switching them screwed me once I did. I am stuck waiting six months for the upgrade now or switch companies.

• Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  13. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. Breathing issues get old really fast.

Are they giving you any "relaxants" you can use at the same time to keep things chill until surgery?

14. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    This sounds like almost the same thing I just went through. Except I wasn't even switching companies or even brands. We've been with Verizon forever.

I would have gone to the store but the closest one with the phone we wanted was 60 miles away.

And we were literally going Samsung to Samsung (husbands phone). At the same company.

I have literally leased a car with less hassle, and my most horrific customer service experiences are usually health insurance related and this is starting to make them look good. And that is saying something because they have reduced me to tears.

What is with their crazy fraud thing? I have excellent credit and have been a customer for years.

I've never had a company make me jump through these hoops with my cc(s) and verify the charge over and over and have to track it in real time with people on both sides of the fence saying - yes - we get this all the time from this company. Just keep trying to put it through.

I feel like in a month I am going to be reversing 20 charges or some nonsense - even though I can see that they keep getting bounced back to Verizon and they are not putting them through.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    nope, just 3x steroids atm to keep me breathing, its rough. im already like 20 shots in on an inhaler i just got friday afternoon. good thing is, i only need my RX for my stuff to last til the 4th when i see the GP and get new scripts

• Love Love x 2
  16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Wow. 20 hits. I'm so sorry. That sucks big time. How many total is your inhaler?

I've been on the inhaler regimen.

I'm glad you are seeing someone on the 4th. Don't hesitate to call them and renew it sooner. For real. They will. Don't feel like you need to ration breathing. Just get some extra inhalers if you need them.

Also ask them for some Lorazepam or Alprazolam. They will give it to you and it might relax your body and breathing a bit temporarily while you wait for surgery. They should just call it in without the need to go in.

17. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    i think a lot of it right now is more being like hyper alert and vigilant than actual necessity. but i dunno. and its a 200 shotter. i was going to ask for some ativan low dose since ive used it many times before and even a small dose works on me for a few hours. just ordered a pulse oximeter just in case and im being told by friends to start up a go fund me to just get a slight padding of $ for when i go to make sure i dont have to worry immediately after surgery about making mturk $

• Love Love x 2
  18. blanksmaiden

blanksmaiden Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +261
    Cinzia Zanetti, University of Lausanne [A2MCU0TE0X2XZ7] EMOTIONS IN LIFE EVENTS(~ 15 minutes) - $0.90 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $55.86 / hour
    00:00:58 / completion time
    Pros:
    asks qualifying questions and i did not qualify for the survey but still got a completion code. hopefully it is valid, if so then this HIT has a very good time/pay ratio
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 28 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [236085-235496] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Cinzia Zanetti, University of Lausanne's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    @BenSolo this seems like kind of crazy coincidence maybe - that we both got to the point with different cell phone providers of buying our phones (cash or immediate full amount purchase) - and now have a wacky fraud prevention hold.

Where I've never had that. Ever. I'm just now curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. And if it's just they don't have the phones to ship or something so are stalling?

I wouldn't even care except that husbands phone is toast and holds a charge with a cracked screen for like 5 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  20. blanksmaiden

blanksmaiden Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +261
    Riven wang [A2JU0S631PXNR] Personal experiences and consumption - $0.80 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.29 / hour
    00:05:10 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    requires several instances of writing

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 3 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read Riven wang's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.