How can requesters reach out to reviewers...

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by coolpat, Jul 29, 2020.

1. coolpat

coolpat A2FNN25G075UH1

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi guys,

Is there a way for requesters to communicate directly to particular reviewers or specific reviews? Can requesters post some general intro or guideline about our research operation or HITs?

While I appreciate greatly the positive reviews on our HITs, I am not thrilled to see reviewers sharing extra details about our survey questions or any "ways" that can help other workers to answer our survey faster. Such information will bias our findings and we are very bummed by that.

The wage data already can show you that the potential time you may spend on answering our survey are likely less than what we have predicted and budgeted. We always try to budget our incentive for those who may read and process our surveys slower than average reading speed. We expect the majority of reviews will reflect that their earning rate is better than we budgeted.

We'd really appreciate it if reviewers can also be thoughtful about what they comment in their reviews on research HITs.

Thanks,

Patrick

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    @ChrisTurk

3. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    everything else aside, I do hope the study design isn't such that answer choices dictate the length of time required to complete the survey.
    (haven't taken any HITs from this req, wouldn't know)

It can be fairly obvious to recognize instances where affirmative answers result in additional work for the same pay.

If the report option on reviews ends up being a black hole, try: https://forum.turkerview.com/conversations/add?to=ChrisTurk

• Like Like x 1