08/07 - Fuggedaboutit Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Azazael, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily L

Emily L New Turker

Ratings:
    +61
    Thats what I do too. If there's any question I just skip. I'm just overwhelmed at how many they're dropping. Over 21,000. Guess I'll make more coffee and try and get to the 50,000 hits mark. haha. Only a few thousand to go. ;)

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  2. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    You can do something like 3k a day. Go for gold buddy

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  3. Hedgmog

Hedgmog Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +811
    MMI Studies [A7OWXELR2OV94] Guess apartment prices + $0.30 bonus - $1.50 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.61 / hour
    00:11:50 / completion time
    Pros:
    Guessing prices of monthly rentals on a sublease
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 4 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US; unique_qual_apartment DoesNotExist ;

To read MMI Studies's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Yeah. For me it's not money, it's getting my numbers up. I make pretty damn good money on surveys, enough to save to buy a car and keep myself well funded in tobacco, cigarette tubes, Hulu and Netflix subscription, groceries, disposable income, my own dedicated internet service, and booze, but I'd like to hit the 5k mark because I've seen a few really good paying HITs where >5000 was a qual. It's all about the numbers and 200 rejections would royally screw me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. acidhoe

acidhoe New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah i rolled my on with the tubes for like 5 years before i quit. $11 for a lb of tobacco, and 2 for some tubes. A carton was cheap!

• Love Love x 1
  6. Hedgmog

Hedgmog Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +811
    Jaisang Kim [A135OTGRBAZBIR] Thai Express - $1.00 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.76 / hour
    00:06:51 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 10 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 98; Completed my survey already DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

To read Jaisang Kim's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I was homeless for 2 1/2 years. After the first 3 months of being nice and naive to other people in my situation (HAHAHAHAHAHA!) I got jaded enough to charge the going rate of $.25/cigarette because I kept getting hounded at the Mission, the library, and Let's Help (place that served damn good lunches for free). I've sold enough $.25 smokes to turn around and buy a whole 'nother box of tubes before with 9/10th of a lb of tobacco left.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  8. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    It now also causes problems with tobacco-use surveys though. "How much are you willing to pay for a pack of your brand of cigarettes?" I dip out at $3 then email the requester and tell them I roll my own and it costs me $.55 per pack minus the time (I've actually tracked tube and tobacco use since I became not-homeless and calculated it). I feel bad, but it's their fault for not figuring in those of us who roll our own.

• Like Like x 1
  9. acidhoe

acidhoe New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    You know i was in this weird section 8 (free) rehab for a while to make some charges go away (they did) and i sold menthols $2 a pack just to have something to do. Made a killing.

10. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I wasn't an addict, nor in any way a criminal. I lost my apt because my slumlord didn't like that I called him out because the place was literally falling down around me and a previous tenant left the whole sub-divided house infested with bedbugs. My lease stated rent was due on the 3rd, and I'd since changed jobs where paydays were date-locked to the 7th and 21st. Landlord was waiting on the courthouse steps on the morning of the 7th to file the eviction while I was at work and I couldn't contest it.

I later learned that county has an online court search. Dude has a docket list like 500 deep. Kinda miffed because until that point he was actually a pretty cool landlord, and I'd suggested putting in a GFI outlet on the porch and we shot the shit and planned out where to put it (which he did) and said how my TV cord kept falling out and I'd pay him the cost to replace all of my outlets to post-1970. He replaced them all no biggie.

But when the bedbugs came up...hooooo-boy! He must've read up on how much it cost and we just tangled over it.

• Love Love x 1
  11. acidhoe

acidhoe New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    lol .. Sorry bro, i wasn't trying to imply anything there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.