10/09 - Friday Fright Frenzy

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Did it have a link to the video?

2. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    HIT approval rate
    75%

• Yikes Yikes x 2
  3. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    no

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  4. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    • Love Love x 1
  5. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Dunno. If there wasn't an AC about what was in the video, I wouldn't sweat it (besides the 75% rating) as long as you let it bake

• Love Love x 1
  6. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    that masters rupret hit is HOTD for me

• Love Love x 1
  7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    21s, but yeah lol

8. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Oh didn't see your edit lol. I've used it a # of times on discussions about external factors & hourly wages on the platform lol. Usually more fun funsies than serious science but it breaks up the monotony explaining why $10/hr survey isn't usually really 10/hr lol

• Love Love x 1
  9. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    One of these days when I'm bored and have the time I need to look up your Reddit username and see some of your older arguments. Especially putting people on blast, setting the building on fire, then nuking the city.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Violet Peng [A39H1BM0C5UB2] Challenge the Common sense of our AI & Earn ~$4 in ~15 mins! Creativity Required :p - $1.90 $2.10 bonus | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $30.32 / hour
    00:07:55 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    requires a little creativity to routinely fool

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 10000; HIT approval rate (%) > 98; common sense qualification >= 26; Location EqualTo US;

To read Violet Peng's full profile check out TurkerView!

11. Audbal

Audbal Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,279
    New Requester Profile!

Alex Warstadt [A783XY6LBUGHU] Estimate the probability of an event - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.56 / hour
    00:03:14 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 69 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Alex Warstadt's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    I hope we the real NLP coronavirus hits soon. I got that qual. there aren't any qualled hits up yet though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    [​IMG]
    might be a good time to take a nap until good hits post again

• Love Love x 2
  14. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    There isn't much up at all right now, and I'm using QBC. I was $.64 away from $50 for the day when midnight hit. Dammit.

• Love Love x 2
  15. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    My reddit account is just /u/TurkerHub and other than a few exasperated cracks wont contain anything even remotely "entertaining" since I made it to interact positively with that community. My toxic turker days were on mturkgrind not reddit. Most of it was the prototypical isolationist dumbass turker mentality (Indians are taking err jerbs, why wont u fucks stop working for 6/hr so i can get more, etc) and a complete inability to express empathy (why are you lazy fucks whining on the forum instead of working????? why u think scripts shuld be free fking learn or pay????)

Folks like @jessers @THFYM yadda can probably attest to the level of absolute dreadful ash hole I was lol. 99.999% of it was just ignorance. I signed up for MTurk and immediately did well partially because I put in a lot of work to understand the platform and partly just stupid luck (PFAs were like free money my first 2 months on the platform, and even drooling on your keyboard copy/pasting parts out of Kada's scripts could net you more $ than most people could make in a month) so my perspective was insanely skewed. Super oldies like @WildFlower have contributed immensely to sort of shaping my better understanding of how what I walked into on MTurk was largely a byproduct of the things that came before me (begrudgingly, that even means things like TO) and I'm a tiny bit smarter nowadays but yeah occasionally probably still throw things at folks virtually :emoji_joy:

Disclaimer: I keep the cuss words in the above because its the kind of stupid things I'd legitimately type like an idiot, not to express current POVs.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  16. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I know your username, I just mean actually going to the desktop site and searching. I don't use reddit that much except for mturk, prolific, justrolledintotheshop, and shittycarmods, so I'm not that well versed on the app's functionality. I just wanna see the posts out of curiosity.

As a real quick aside, what do these small numbers next to the main ones mean? I loaded up so many scripts when I first started out, I didn't read the functionality other than the "Must have scripts" posts and just loaded them without reading the readme.txt.exe
    Whatdoesitmean.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    And swear words (to me) aren't necessary to be entertaining if you can tell someone where to stick it in such a way that they think you're being helpful and thank you for the positive criticism. My devout Christian Grandma who considered "dang" a swear word made me almost wet myself in fear when she complained about the cost of her glasses and said "I think I got shafted". I was floored. She turned bright red and made up an excuse about how it meant that Jesus had gotten stabbed in the ribs so hard the spearhead went in to the shaft. She was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed if she let even such a subtle slip slip past her demeanor.

• LOL LOL x 2
  18. MWT

MWT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,032
    when that batch drops just before bed
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  19. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Ah gotcha lol. Either way the "entertaining" posts were never made on reddit. I didn't bother using reddit to post until long after MTG closed & I didn't have much time to dedicate to being a douche lol
    They're the # change since you last F5'd the dashboard. So like you submitted 2 new HITs, 1 new approval, and $0.50 to the paid rewards were added since you last refreshed the dashboard is all those are. The align doesn't make it super readable but that's just b/c it's a little old & got flipped IIRC.
    Nah this wasn't how I behaved at all. I was just an angry dick :dunno:

20. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I like eggs

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.