Social Media and Politics Study ($1.75 / 10 min total)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by jenallen, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jenallen

jenallen New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi! We are launching a two-wave study about social media and politics. The first part takes 5 minutes and pays $0.50, and the follow up pays $1.25 and takes ~3 minutes. Restricted to US users with >95 approval and >500 HITs.

Two requests:
    1. Please take our HIT if you qualify! http://app.cloudresearch.com/Router/Mturk/253723. The name is "Two-Wave Social Media Study ($1.75/10 min total)" and the requester is "United Research Group"
    2. Please let us know if you have any suggestions to increase recruitment to this HIT. We are trying to get a large number (~6000) of participants, and recruitment has fallen off. Should we lower #HITs needed, post on different forums, change the name?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    you may also want to put a post in the daily thread with a link to the hit since not everyone follows this thread

• Like Like x 1
  3. jenallen

jenallen New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Great, thanks will do!

4. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    copying my advice from the daily

as CR recommends, for extremely high recruitment goals, you might need to remove the CR protection qual, and only use the block known bad participants option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. A6_Foul_Out

Ratings:
    +23,954

https://go.cloudresearch.com/knowledge/enhancing-data-quality

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. jenallen

jenallen New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
  7. A6_Foul_Out

Ratings:
    +23,954
    oh, the other thing.

The paycut looks and appears really obnoxious, when in reality after part 2 it's negligible at best.

8. margarita

margarita Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,190
    I returned this hit yesterday as it was broken for me. I selected an emoji for each of the posts but it would not save my selection and kept saying there was an error and that I had not picked one. I tried on 2 different browsers and wouldn't work so I returned it. Maybe others are having the same issue?

9. Spicy Lettuce

Spicy Lettuce Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,505
    Right. I don't think many mturkers are doing this for "the fun of it" or because they are "bored".

10. jenallen

jenallen New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry, what do you mean by the paycut?

11. A6_Foul_Out

Ratings:
    +23,954
    it appears to be more work for less pay than prior runs of the study.

(even though this isn't true after doing part 2)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  12. A6_Foul_Out

Ratings:
    +23,954
    but again, this is truly negligible, hopefully removing the CR protection qual will get you closer to your target # of participants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. jenallen

jenallen New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I could see how that would seem annoying. Not sure what the best practice is. On the one hand, we need people to come back for part 2, which is very short, but I worry we are scaring people off with the low initial pay. But I hope you're right that removing the CR qual will help!

14. garyslater

garyslater New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    It's great to see that you were conducting a study on social media and politics back then. Though the thread is a bit dated, I hope your research went well and that you were able to gather valuable insights.
    If you're still working on similar projects or looking for ways to increase recruitment, there are a few suggestions you can consider. Firstly, reaching out to different forums and communities could help expand your participant pool. Additionally, adjusting the number of HITs needed or modifying the study's name might attract more interest and engagement.
    As for staying updated on political news, https://www.politiq.net/US_President_Republican_Party_Primary_Election_2024 covers various topics, including the US President and the Republican Party Primary Election for 2024. It's worth checking out to stay informed on the latest political happenings.

Last edited: May 22, 2023