10/28 - Witchcraft Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    Dogs are such jerks when it comes to attention, but you gotta love them anyway. Also, sounds like non-vacation at the slightly invasive medical spa! I'm sure the doggos will miss you.

I've never had a voice hit reject after using my laptop mic, but I'm pretty picky about the ones I choose. Judging by the kind of nonsense background noise showing up in the subsequent transcriptions hits that get posted you'll be fine. People have the tv on Maury (only Maury) and are eating chips-- it's a mess.

My personal experience: the requesters who want the clearest sound have near-impossible set up tasks, so it's likely you'll be forced to return it before even getting started. Also, random pointer, but your voice can totally get tired (especially after sitting in silence knocking out surveys all day). I try not to attempt the 200-phrase hits unless I have some tea at the ready.

Edit: sorry, tired. words hard.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    It's completely non-invasive. Unless you count blasting subatomic particles into my skull. The only one that'll miss me is the Great Dane/Lab/mutt because I know he's high energy and no idea what his life was like before my dad found him but he's 99% chill, 1% guard. But when he guards, he's 1000% and tells everyone. I play with him, while the others are older and have zero interest in a ball. And he's a mooch that'll lick molecules off the floor and loves when I make breakfast because I'll inevitably drop a tomato, mushroom, or onion. Doofus.

I've got an electric kettle I'm taking with me, and the rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves, and I did Chorus all 12 years of school, so vocal fatigue isn't gonna be an issue. As long as the HITs don't ask me to sing, I'll be good. Don't think the other patrons would appreciate me projecting to 2000 people in a hotel room.

Gracias.

• Love Love x 1
  3. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Paul Hanges [AR46A55MLYOB] Rate your Supervisor(~ 20 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.22 / hour
    00:05:56 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 24 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Exc: [7929621-247232] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Paul Hanges's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    De nada!
    I hope your skull doesn't feel a darn thing. That chaotic great dane mutt energy is the best! What a derp. YES, choir nerds unite! Hey, maybe you'll be able to put your skills to the test? I was asked to sing once for a HIT (It was not pretty).

[​IMG]

5. awdrf

awdrf Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Edmond J. Coleman [A2SS5KOJPUWASW] Answer a survey about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on sexual behaviors and substance use - $5.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $33.33 / hour
    00:09:00 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    -Gets very intimate.
    -Some light writing

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: previously took DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location EqualTo US;

To read Edmond J. Coleman's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Buddy is...special. Dad found him on the side of the road in the middle of BFE and he'd been slightly trained but only above head height. Didn't get onto the counters, but to him the table was fair game because he didn't have to jump, just stand up straight and gnosh (and yes, my dad tried his damndest to find his previous owners via Facebook and checked for a chip, but he walking alongside a highway so dunno).

The docs say it's supposed to be painless, and a slight chance of fatigue, and a chance of targeted hairloss that'll grow back. It's not like chemo, but when you target a nanoometer-wide beam of subatomic particles going 99.99999C there's gonna be a little damage.

TBH I'll have to get drunk as shit to do a singing HIT after all these years. I scored a II (and once a I) during a solos, but that was before I started smoking regularly. The I was because I transitioned to falsetto flawlessly during "You'll Never Walk Alone" and back down into my regular register without a hitch and had a *edit, 3, dammit* octave register. Puberty does weird shit with your voice.

7. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    The ones I've seen always specify if they want you to use your laptop, phone, or headphones. I don't have anything fancier than that, and I've never been rejected by one; I do them pretty often.

batches?
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  8. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Don't do Louis. Goddamn data thief.

9. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Is he stealing our data, or are turkers helping him steal data?

10. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I was engaged to an RN for 9 years. I was her study buddy for the 2 years of her going from LPN to RN. After we split, I dated an RN for 5 years. I can read almost any Latin-based language and can kinda sorta make heads or tails of French and can kinda piece together Greek. I got 8/10 rejections The 8 that got rejected were literal translations, plus synonyms. The 2 that didn't were my my own translations. Dude is fishing, and I'm rather irked because I spent more time than I should have for 5 cents.

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I'm also Wiccan, and 99% of our rituals are Latin-based. So I can come up with medical translations on the fly and if I can't, I can make shit up that's Linguistically somewhat correct. I wanted his HITs to be valid because it would've been an awesome batch. He's stealing data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.