Mturk Suite - how to find and edit metadata?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Everett, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Everett

Everett Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    Hi, I have a problem with mturk suite. I have some phantom hits and reward amounts that won't go off the pending earnings column. So, for instance it might say I have 2,000 hits pending when I really only have 1,000 hits pending and say I have $400 in rewards pending when I really only have $200. It's very frustrating and has been going on for many many months/years. I'm not even sure when it started.

I cannot export my data because it always freezes in the middle of it, so I can't re-import it to try to fix this. I don't want to just delete all my data and the extension and then re-download and start over and lose everything. So I'm stuck with it like this.

I spoke with @Kadauchi and he thought he might know the problem but that I would have to wait for an update to fix it. That was some months ago, maybe even close to a year or more, and no update has fixed it yet (and I know I tagged him so this post is directed for him too because it'd be great to get this solved! but I didn't know how busy he might be so I wanted to open this to anyone helping).

Anyway, in the meantime the same problem happened once more on top of what had already happened, but this time with a date in the last 45 days. So I could see mturksuite always snag and freeze on that date in particular and never update it or any date past it. I found I could go to the daily report page and update each day one by day to keep things semi in order and confirmed that that one day is screwed up and won't update. I could individually update any day but that day. If I tried that day, it wouldn't do anything.

It was further confirmed once that day lapsed off the last 45 days. Then, I could do the "last 45 days" sync again rather than every day individually, and that screwed up day's hits were never taken off pending earnings. So, I've figured that in the past other days screwed up in the same way causing the problem before too and causing all the phantom hits that won't leave pending earnings and causing me not to be able to export my data.

I've thought though that maybe, now that I know one particular day that's screwed up for sure, if I knew where the metadata for the days' hits are stored at, I could go dig in and see what might have screwed up there and fix it myself to fix my pending earnings and be able to finally export and secure my data.

Thanks for any help! :emoji_relaxed:

2. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Everett

Everett Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    Hi @Kadauchi! Thanks for responding and for that script. I tried it and it downloaded the first 100000 hits and that's it. It seemed to have just stopped after that, or else froze. Do I need to change something for each subsequent 100000 to download after?

If not, maybe the first corrupted hits are in batch 100001-200000 and so it's getting hung up there.

Edit - Okay, I changed the script to do every ten thousand instead of hundred thousand and it downloads multiple times and gets hung up on 170001-180000 so I know that's where the first corrupted hits are. It seems like whichever dates have corrupted hits won't download at all though and so the program just freezes or something like that.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  4. SilenceOfTheClams

SilenceOfTheClams Active Turker

Ratings:
    +447
  5. Everett

Everett Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    No one knows where the mturksuite data/metadata files are located? If I could find them maybe I could fix whatever's wrong with the particular days that are stuck/corrupted.

@Kadauchi Could you tell me where those files are?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020