Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tamara, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Tamara

Tamara New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi everyone. Just starting out on mturk. (about 1 week) Thought I would say hi.
    It sure is a little strange sometimes.
    I just got a hit not accepted for missing attention questions - but there were none I am sure of it... I am careful I even liked their dumb surveys on yoga pants. lol
    Now this.. Is this a question for real? It continues on the same way and is kind of nonsense if you ask me. They want educated and good english answers or it will be rejected! lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hello and welcome. You'll find all sorts of nonsense if you keep doing this. :emoji_joy: Be careful with rejections since you're just starting out. You want to stay above 99% approved so that you will qualify for as many hits as possible.

:wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    [​IMG]
    That's just the tip of the iceberg of weird questions you'll find while turking.
    Be sure to stop by the Daily Thread if you have any more questions. There's always people hanging out there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Welcome new random person!

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. afallstarxfall

afallstarxfall Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +878
    Welcome :) And yes, it's not uncommon to see weird attention checks or really random things (I've had a few similar rejections)....there's some pretty bad nonsense ones out there. Know what you're comfortable working with.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Drascons

Drascons New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello, i have read about your problem and i am sure yoga is helping to fight fatigue. I have been searching for the best yoga retreats and i found the best places. You can enter on this site and check it. It has a lot of places from different places around the world, every place is very beautiful arranged and it is an pleasure to be there. On the site you can see where the yoga retreat place is, some pictures of the rooms, their program for the time you'll stay, like how many yoga sessions you'll have, etc. They tell you the price and how many nights / days include this price. Hope you will feel better. I have personally done yoga only a couple of times but I am planning to attend one of these retreats myself. Tell me later what you chose in more detail.

• Love Love x 2
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  7. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hi and welcome! It's worth it to get into a habit to check the Requesters ratings and also reviews on TurkerView. It will help you avoid some of the crazier things early on. <3

[​IMG]

8. Lilla

Lilla Active Turker

Ratings:
    +2,644
    Welcome! What has been helping me is to return anything that I'm not sure of/seems sketchy. Also, always check the requester's approval rate before doing any work for them! Try to build up your numbers and avoid more rejections for now :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. AJBBB

AJBBB AXGCH3EOOB0XG

Ratings:
    +37
    This is a great tip!

Welcome Tamara!