07/03 - Swift Saturday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ceedj, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    you were probably owed a crowdflower settlement check. but iirc we got ours around 2015? 2016?

crowdflower got sued by turkers because crowdflower got paid by requesters to create/set up/post hits along with whatever design, qualifications, things like that. I think, but it's been awhile so I could be wrong about the specifics. the gist of it was that money was supposed to go to mturk and to the workers, not to an intermediary. and it seemed like everyone was in agreement iirc, there wasn't any benefit to mturk or to the turkers that crowdflower was sort of skimming money from the requesters.

makes me wonder if the requesters are paying turkprime/cr or if mturk is paying turkprime/cr? because I would feel better if it was mturk.

• Love Love x 1
  2. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    Hoori [A3DVQKR67792EJ] Academic study pays $0.20 for a less than 2-minute study(~ 2 minutes) - $0.20 | PANDA

Underpaid

<24 hours

Unrated
    $7.06 / hour
    00:01:42 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Expiring Now (HIT Last Seen: 29 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [305226-304637] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Hoori's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. Darkmage

Darkmage Active Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    Jordan Chen [A35ZFPNHZ7C46J] Social survey(~ 8 minutes) - $1.10 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.31 / hour
    00:06:24 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 4 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [2140042611-304645] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Jordan Chen's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    thats been my big question actually. cause its like if CR/TP is the pass through, and they are making money from the reqs, how much are THEY charging over top of the AMT fees?

• Love Love x 2
  5. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Don't worry, trickle down is in effect

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  6. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    the requesters would have spent that money towards paying the workers if crowdflower hadn't taken a cut. and I mean I thought it was kind of settled law now, because crowdflower losing was a big deal. and our settlement checks were big in proportion to how much work we had done. mine alone was hundreds of dollars. so it wasn't just a slap on the wrist. there used to be a lot of crowdflower-like businesses that went out of business following that. the message felt like "don't get between mturk and the workers". so I would feel better if turkprime/cr was part of mturk. because there is an enormous amount of people that would love to take a cut this way or that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I haven't heard anything about that. I think it's too far before my time, but sounds like you went through a lot!

Here's hoping that this all gets sorted for everyone in the weeks to come and that you all have a great 4th!

Some late-night 4th music <3

8. DrTerb

DrTerb Turker

Ratings:
    +96
    I like going through the quals and finding the SUPER strongly worded ones that are just trying to prevent you from retaking it.

Like chill out I barely liked your survey the first time.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,396
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.