12/27 Whale Watching on Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by joie de vivre, Dec 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    btw the masses swarming him thing was a joke, before anyone hates me for saying that. The "masses" of like 10 masters that browse the forum lmao, since its been like 4 years since its gone out. Most of whom didn't even work on this since it was later at night. This is what padding is for, after all. Just feels scummy that he put out a few small batches of <100 over the last few days, then puts up a big one and rejects it all. It is what mturk is after all, any requester can do this shit and get free data.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. cheyenne

cheyenne Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,685
    Dale E Werner [A2GJ3LLHRVWFO6] 15 Minute Academic research survey - $9.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $47.79 / hour
    00:11:18 / completion time
    Pros:
    Fast approval
    Can be done faster depending
    on reading speed
    Cons:
    Bit bubbly
    Screener to qualify

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 40 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Job Function - Management EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;

To read Dale E Werner's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. DareAngel3

DareAngel3 Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +3,963
    New Requester Profile!

Yiming [A12Z6VJSM3Q9ZW] Context and news beliefs - $1.20 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $12.74 / hour
    00:05:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    100 word essay, no code

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 7 minutes ago)
    Qualifications:

To read Yiming's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  4. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,296
    That sucks. I've got 24 pending from a batch drop sometime yesterday. I'm gonna hope I'm safe since they haven't rejected yet.

• Love Love x 1
  5. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    You might be safe. He hit me early this morning for the 2 large batches last night and silence since then. I have a few pending still from a couple days ago too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Also I have 300 approved from before so he is capable of approving hits

• WOW WOW x 1
  7. Charlie Turksalot

Charlie Turksalot Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Diehl Lab USC [ASBZVN1TW3EM8] Photo taking survey(~ 5 minutes) - $0.40 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.40 / hour
    00:01:40 / completion time
    Pros:
    Quick and easy.
    Cons:
    Strange things to think about.

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 3 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [338747-338158] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Diehl Lab USC's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. StuffAlleySays

StuffAlleySays Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,096
    Is there a chance he changed a setting and they auto-rejected somehow? Perhaps he is unaware of them? Grasping here.

• Love Love x 1
  9. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,296
    Yeah, I've done a few batches before too, I considered him a pretty safe requester until I saw that @turker had rejections this morning. He actually posted a small batch right after I saw that. I'm figuring on avoiding him until I see how it plays out. Hopefully it was just an accident and they all get overturned. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

• Love Love x 2
  10. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    It's possible, he rejected 100% of the hits and the feedback was "This is obviously debunked", which is curious because I definitely marked the ones that were debunking as that.
    For those that don't know, the HIT had you read a tweet and a response to the tweet and we had to label the response as Debunking or Other, so pretty simple stuff with only 2 choices. There were tweets where the only response was "Get well soon", which is obviously not a debunk.

I've messaged him, which is all a lowly turker like me can do. That and cover my ass with a huge approved. I can take 26k before I drop to 99% but this is the kind of thing that could kill accounts if they don't have as much padding, so it's always unfortunate to see (if it wasn't just an error)

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  11. headcage

headcage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,585
    I honestly feel sick for you and anyone else this happened to and don't think anything you've said is out of line. Even if it's not masses of people, hopefully everyone who got the rejections does reach out. Hopefully if people had masters they have a pretty good amount of padding but if something like this were to happen to a new or unused account, it could destroy their ability to work for quite a long time, not to mention how people should be paid for the work they do. I hope things get worked out and everything is overturned

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  12. phish12

phish12 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    Albert Lee [A3OLAILRU742C8] The Psychological Basis of Learning and Problem Solving - $1.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.55 / hour
    00:04:57 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    progress bar is a little off

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 17 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 5000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read Albert Lee's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  13. Calyrica

Calyrica Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,422
    I have 1000 HITs from one batch, ~40 from another, 150 from one today, all pending. I can eat the 40 no problem, but if the others came back rejected, I would have some issues. If all the HITs I have pending rejected, my approval would drop to about 97%. As workers, we do the best work that we're able to do and trust the requesters to understand that. I don't think you're too hard on this guy for asking the masses to swarm him at all. I hope they do.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  14. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    New Requester Profile!

Katherine Olson [A1AA6A7DYSJ7MM] Answer a survey about your willingness to take vacation and other types of leave and relevant psychological characteristics - $1.35 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.15 / hour
    00:08:51 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    New requester

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 26 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1;

To read Katherine Olson's full profile check out TurkerView!

15. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Mass rejections are pretty rare, relatively speaking. So rare that it's not something I really consider at all when I work on something. Requesters on mturk are usually pretty good. Most understand that they're effectively blacklisting themselves if they try and pull shit like this, thanks to the community and its strong and easily accessible tools that allow us to "police" the platform ourselves. There's also the old adage "Scared money don't make money". Here's hoping for a swift payment for you on those :emoji_fingers_crossed:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  16. Clayman364

Clayman364 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +185
    Stormation [A3RN8CGUNSQIPM] Write a social media comment (~1 min) #6916 - $0.12 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $39.27 / hour
    00:00:11 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 2 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

To read Stormation's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. Clayman364

Clayman364 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +185
    Stormation [A3RN8CGUNSQIPM] Write a social media comment (~1 min) #1834 - $0.12 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $25.41 / hour
    00:00:17 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 12 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Total approved HITs >= 1000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

18. Clayman364

Clayman364 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +185
    Stormation [A3RN8CGUNSQIPM] Write a social media comment (~1 min) #4187 - $0.12 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.57 / hour
    00:00:21 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 36 minutes ago)

19. Trucker

Trucker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,406
    Night Everyone.

[​IMG]

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. headcage

headcage Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,585
    Noah Turk [A8O2J0Y5KFGZG] Record yourself saying basic commands - $1.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $33.75 / hour
    00:02:40 / completion time
    Pros:
    Easy to do. As long as you submit each recording, the HIT will submit on its own in the end. It's just a little slow because it's Noah
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 20 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: test-react-static-qualification-failed DoesNotExist ; Location In US-AL, US-AR, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-IA, US-KS, US-KY, US-LA, US-MD, US-MN, US-MO, US-MS, US-ND, US-NE, US-OK, US-SC, US-SD, US-TN, US-TX, US-VA, US-WV;

To read Noah Turk's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.